farming simulator 2009

Manor Farm

What you do is download the latest drivers for your graphics card. Then it should run no problem. Find out what graphics card you have and it will have an option to download updates. Once you do this it should run. I got mine working fine. Then you can download all the mods and install them. www.ls-uk.info

Try that site

mm blakes right mate, if its the graphics card on the pc then you can't download a patch as they call them to clear the problem, as the graphics card is whats called hardwear rather than software, you can get downlaod new drivers(software ) for them, but this will not clear the actuall problem with the card being below grade to run the new program.

you can get them cheap enough,and on a desktop like you have in the dining room, it should be remove the cover, unplug the old one, refit the new one in its place and install the drivers, if in doubt do you know a friend or repair guy that might be able to help??? have a look on ebay to gauge a price for a decent graphics card first

just wondering really if there was a download or a complimentary disc he could get down loaded on any PC , as he has a number of PC's to use  here , home & nanny's

What you do is download the latest drivers for your graphics card. Then it should run no problem. Find out what graphics card you have and it will have an option to download updates. Once you do this it should run. I got mine working fine. Then you can download all the mods and install them. www.ls-uk.info

Try that site

how do you find out what graphics card is fitted ?

Well I really want to get this game, just still not sure if the graphics card is good enough for it?

Anyone know or have a similar system? I did send an email to TriSynergy but who knows when I will hear back.

The sooner, the better ;)

I've had a lot of calls recently because of PC's with decent processors, plenty RAM and diskspace, but crap graphics systems - nobody checks this when buying a PC. Games in general work a PC hard especially the graphics processor.

The X300 is a pretty bottom end chip - so I think you may have problems or slow refreshes. If you want the game try it and if your graphics card is not up to it, you'd have to buy one anyway.

The specs given are minimum so for decent operation I'd suggest a 6800 with 512Mb would be better anyway.  :)

exactly john, simple driver upgrades wont work as the actuall cards not good enough, unless you buy a gaming pc/ laptop then chances are it won't work, most like dell offer the upgrades when you go through the ordering system, but 95% of off the shelf stuff is up to you now a days to ask or do it yourself after, have never really used mine for games, but do have "empire earth" and ven on my 1 year old lappy, it wont work, as i didnt bet the graphics sorted, no reall need for us two 

I've had a lot of calls recently because of PC's with decent processors, plenty RAM and diskspace, but crap graphics systems - nobody checks this when buying a PC. Games in general work a PC hard especially the graphics processor.

The X300 is a pretty bottom end chip - so I think you may have problems or slow refreshes. If you want the game try it and if your graphics card is not up to it, you'd have to buy one anyway.

The specs given are minimum so for decent operation I'd suggest a 6800 with 512Mb would be better anyway.  :)

Thats exactly what we were told today at pc world,....laptops arent really designed for these games unless you specify the top notch graphics card,which bumps the initial price up dramatically.They were quite happy to show us the range of desktop gaming pc's,which start at around £500.... :of .

What pees me off even more is that my son's laptop is only just a year old, he has used all sorts of games on it and has had no problems at all until he tried this particular one............. >:(

Well downloaded the demo and got the exact same message as smellyexhaust...about needing the shader 2 thing....So I guess this means no game for me. Graphics cards are way to expensive.

Thought I'm thinking/hoping the other one, John Deere Drive Green, while not as good, is compatible!

have been speaking to a mate this morning, and you can get various  programs called " shader 2" its a  program that makes the game your running go 2 d, but gives a 3d effect apparently, it can be downloaded for free as a trial or  bought online as a download, he suggests you try a hunt for a free 30 day trial version first mind, as some dont work as well as others, recons a simple search for " free shader 2 program" on google or similar will find what you want, but he also said best way would be a new graphics card, just be wary of where you get the free downlaod from

you can do a self install your self, they aint to hard to do, as can marcus, infact marcus would poss have an easier job as his is a desk top, not a lap top, on those they are just plug and play 90% of the time, not quite sure where they are in a laptop, as its a lot smaller, , but try a search for them on ebay, or try a local pc repair guy someone like this, i know of 3 seperate independant pc shops in plymouth that do very well on stuff like this, as pc world as you said, just want to sell the top spec new machines

Thats exactly what we were told today at pc world,....laptops arent really designed for these games unless you specify the top notch graphics card,which bumps the initial price up dramatically.They were quite happy to show us the range of desktop gaming pc's,which start at around £500.... :of .

What pees me off even more is that my son's laptop is only just a year old, he has used all sorts of games on it and has had no problems at all until he tried this particular one............. >:(

well i got the golden edition?

that was given to my dad and that works well on my laptop but not aswell as i would like.

so now i am sharing the gaming desktop that my brother has got :-\ :-\

it isnt the golden edition.

it's the normal one aprt from it has been put in the wrong box ???>:(:-[

have been speaking to a mate this morning, and you can get various  programs called " shader 2" its a  program that makes the game your running go 2 d, but gives a 3d effect apparently, it can be downloaded for free as a trial or  bought online as a download, he suggests you try a hunt for a free 30 day trial version first mind, as some dont work as well as others, recons a simple search for " free shader 2 program" on google or similar will find what you want, but he also said best way would be a new graphics card, just be wary of where you get the free downlaod from

damn, i never thought Sean would get info like this, i've been playing this game on the wifes PC as mine just doesnt like it! ;D ;D ;D

anyone got some good sites for downloads (in English)....Fendts are not my cup of tea ;) ;)

just for info, my PC is AMD Athlon64 x2 Dual core processor 4200+, 2x Radeon X1300/1550 series and its struggles with the graphics after the first tutorial of normal game :-\ :-\

• 4 weeks later...