What d'you need to make Flashing Lights Work?

Lady Ferguson

Question

20 answers to this question

I sell them, but have no idea how them work  :-[  (I just put them on top of my transit vans without a power supply):

I know I need a resistor, but how d'you make them flash?

Any help would be appreciated  :-*

do you have a flashing led or the one at stay on.

yes you need a resistor, battery connector, adn a battery and soem wire

if you want any more just ask

Thanks guys - still don't know if mine flash or not, but doesn't seem I can buy 4cm lights that do :-\

If you can only buy 4mm LEDs that dont flash then all you need is a flasher unit i think, just put it in the ciruit and it will cut the power on and of i think.. not 100% tho

If you can only buy 4mm LEDs that dont flash then all you need is a flasher unit i think, just put it in the ciruit and it will cut the power on and of i think.. not 100% tho

Thanks, I've checked the Maplin site and the biggest lights they do are 10mm - pity.

Would this be any good for a model tractor conversion (using my 4cms lights) or would it be too big to put in the tractor?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=22544&C=SO&U=strat15

Thanks again

is there a decent model shop near you mandy?? one that does train set stuff, as they do small led flashers ect for that, i have seen boxes of them down mine in town, do 4mm up to 10, but i think they do smaller to

try a search for antics online as thats the shop i have seen them in and use

is there a decent model shop near you mandy?? one that does train set stuff, as they do small led flashers ect for that, i have seen boxes of them down mine in town, do 4mm up to 10, but i think they do smaller to

try a search for antics online as thats the shop i have seen them in and use

The problem is with a customer, Sean. I've sold them as 'flashing' (because that's how I was sold them) - but I've never used them myself and don't want to give him the wrong advice :-\

then most of length of an LED is the anode & cathode  (  the stems where wires are connected  ) . Anode is longest  leg on LED

This is my listing - I don't know why I didn't think of posting this before ::)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300356260599&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I appreciate your help by the way Tam :)

This is my listing - I don't know why I didn't think of posting this before ::)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300356260599&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I appreciate your help by the way Tam :) 

Those led's. Do they flash on there own? Do you just have to connect it to a 6v battery and are they just normal 5mm led's?