KUHN COMBILINER VENTA 4m drill

i bought a lemken 6 meter drilla while ago and intended making it into a 3 meter,but then decided to go a more difficult route and try a 4 meter,as you know this means cutting the harrow,crumbler,main frame etc,needless to say it turned into a big job

post-1779-132639203997_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to make a 3 meter you,d only have to use a half of the folding lemken but the 4meter means cutting and joining..and the hopper needs serious adjustment as its only suitable for a 6meter being so big,ill get more pics up later on how im getting on with it,ive the seed hoses all attached and the hopper on,ive a long way to go yet and my cameras just packed up so stay tuned in for the finished product later in week

i took a few hours last night and attachted all the seed pipes,i bought a telephone extension lead and stripped all the wiring from inside,then cut small pieces of ordinary wire,stripped the inside from it and made small boots for the thin wire to go into,i attachted both ends to cut pins so as it would be strong,then primered them all individually to get them grey like kuhns,there are approximately 36-38 pipes so you can imagine the time involved

post-1779-132639205095_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639205098_thumb.jpg

note the heavily modified lemken hopper,they are very distintive as there so square so i had to reshape the hopper..im looking forward to getting this finished as itll be a nice size drill to display with a 160-200hp tractor,and ill have something nice on the front end too,ill not be doing these to sell...all the seed pipes on the kuhn go in through a spiral on top of the hopper lid so ill be fitting the lid soon

post-1779-132639205102_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639205106_thumb.jpg

it was orignally planned not to do much and leave it as a 3metre lemken but since i took so much of it apart i thought it,d be a shame not to make it into a proper conversion,1st thing i had to check was available drills with the wheel type followers behind the seed coulters,there wer,nt a lot of drills with this apart from lemken and kuhn.

BOR, just to make your life a little easier. Whenever you want to show something from your computer you could also either download the picture (right click save as) or hit the printscreen button, paste in paint and upload? Saves a fair bit on photographing your screen ;).

a view of the top and the spiral from which all the tubes come from,i spent a lot of time here on this bit...and the drill(as corrected by masseyjack) is a HR4004 the drill is the LC452,both 4 metre implements

post-1779-132639208558_thumb.jpg