Siku 2010

AJH

Just look at the hitches... front and rear. And I am sure thereare many more differences once you see the models up close. It looksto me the whole protection and lighting system in the front of the front tyres are not there on the Siku model. But I can not tell for sure on that picture alone. That Siku front hitch ruins every model every time.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at the hitches... front and rear. And I am sure thereare many more differences once you see the models up close. It looksto me the whole protection and lighting system in the front of the front tyres are not there on the Siku model. But I can not tell for sure on that picture alone. That Siku front hitch ruins every model every time.

It's funny isn't it, we all hate them now, me as much as anyone, but I remember lusting after a Siku tractor with a front hitch as a kid because it was such a great thing to play with... the slip on plastic Britains one was ok but not as good as the Siku one... They are still toys after all I suppose....  :-\

That is exactly what I think as well. Once you correct that front hitch they are not that bad at all, mind you they still are not a Wiking or UH but playable and cheaper.

the Siku front hitch maybe ugly but it was and still is very functional as a toy. I do think however it would be nice if they offered a front weight with tractor to replace the hitch if you wanted to or maybe a more realistic front hitch as a seperate purchase.

• 3 months later...

a new farmer set, says it includes "In a transparent polybag, this set is filled with accessories for  all kinds of jobs on the toy farm. And all for an unbeatable price!  2 horses, 4 metalfence, 1 tractordriver grey, 1 tractordriver red, 1  coachman, 1 woman, 1 child, 1 suitcase with lid, 2 bale und 1  frontweight CLASSIC"

http://www.siku.de/en/onlineshop/1/accessories-set-siku-farmer-1-32.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had another look at the forthcoming 8345R (toyfair prototype pic) and it really is at least twice as accurate as any ERTL JD :)  The front siku hitch will be easily removed and changed, beacons for the cab are easily added if not on the model and one or two other accessories I have in mind to add to the reality of model should be possible :D  The wheels and tyres are the most accurate to UK spec todate (better than ERTL 8530 for sure) ;)

Does anyone know are we going to get a version of this 8345R model without the expensive RC part?  I ask because siku have just released last years 8430T model without RC ???

My plan would be to have one 8000 on RC and a second without RC which could be converted as required (8295R stickers, Front links for UH kit, etc,etc) That would be a cool pairing to head up my 8 tractor carpet farm fleet 8);D

Does anyone know are we going to get a version of this 8345R model without the expensive RC part?  I ask because siku have just released last years 8430T model without RC ???

I doubt it.

Are you sure they have released a non radio controlled version of the 8345T?  I can't find reference to one anywhere and it is not listed on the Siku website, although there is a recent release of the Siku Control version on its own (i.e. without the handset).  It is still the same radio controlled version though.

Wheres the Massey??  According to the catalogue an MF8680 was due for a May release!! Instead it looks like the JD8430T radio control has been released AGAIN!!?? Wasnt that out last September? Im losing touch :of

The Massey is due in August as far as I am aware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its preproduction so not a final version.

I dont think Siku paint the hubs. The interior isn't painted either. They seemed to follow that trend on the Valtra too.  :-\

Don't Siku tend to do a basic finish as it's a toy then when people commision them for show models ect they get the extra detail added like painted wheel hubs and interior like they did on the Siku Plus range?

looks like siku are going down the road of putting hub caps withing the wheel centers like the deutz x720 and the valtra ,these are easily removed and it will make really easy to paint the centers/nuts if you wanted,the best thing about the (hub caps) on the newer siku models they cover up that horrid steel Axel poking out the center of the wheel like john deere 6920 ,i painted  all mine in any way ,

;D

looks really good ,is it a prototype? wheel hubs not painted though,noticed the same thing on the trellborg mf 8690

When I get my UH 8680 with trelleborgs the wheel hubs will be getting a nice splash of MF grey if its not already there ;)

I was gonna wait for Siku 8680 as it looks decent but looking at that pic it is clear UH detail is superior as would be expected. Mind you the wheels and tyres on siku are more accurate than UH8690 standards set!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jez i got a flyer from siku saying available this month,going off topic, i bought a siku rolland spreader,discontinued,when i got home i noticed the ladder was missing,1 e mail later ladder in the post,very good customer care

German efficiency mate!!!

Their main factory is about an hour os so from where I live....