Steiger Panther KM-325

Lovely work carried out on all three of those Benny, love the personal touches you've added to them and the weathered Toy Farmer edition looks very realistic, like that a lot. :)

Here's a link to another paint scheme you might be interested in:

http://home.freeuk.com/amtrac/pantherkm400b.JPG

Regards

David

Thanks all!!!  I like Steigers and here in Sweden they are popular to change engine in to Scania V8 and make them about 450-500 hp. I like this one, it is now for sale here in Sweden.

6600 Hours

Scania v8 on 530hk

Scania gearbox

aItg0.jpg

aIvL9.jpg

aIyfi.jpg

aIAKr.jpg

aIDeA.jpg

aIFJJ.jpg

aIKJ0.jpg

aINd9.jpg

aIPIi.jpg

aIScr.jpg

aIUHA.jpg

That looks like an absolute beast of a tractor equipped with the Scania motor, thanks for sharing the photographs of it Benny. I'm quite a fan of big artics too and have a few in my own model collection along with some books and D.V.Ds on them too.

Amtrac who deal largely in second hand and re-built Steigers and FWs are based around 50 miles north from where I live. They have a rather nice Steiger Tiger they have re-built:

http://www.amtrac.co.uk/

A VERY nice Tiger indeed! Fun page to watch also, I will put that in favourites!

Here in Sweden they are estimated about 30-40 Steigers in use, but they are nothing that can be spotted very often. That is sad for us who love these tractors!

• 4 weeks later...

I thought you might like to see these...?

OK,  hopefully attached are some pictures of a converted plastic ERTL (formerly FW60) that I bought at Zwolle a few years back.I took the perished 30.5 X 32s off and made some fresh wheels to take these tyres that I think look OK for this 275 hp tractor, and be typical for dualling-up?

So this is a one-off, RABA being the Hungarian manufacturers of the axles used by Steiger on these artics; and as far as I can remember, a quite legitimate machine.

Maybe even one of you did the original conversion?? ;)

post-109-132639230889_thumb.jpg

post-109-132639230891_thumb.jpg

Really nice Raba!! They were made on contract from Steiger. I wonder why ERTL not made model of these when they made models on Titan Steigers. Nice model you have there and a Steiger fan like me gets really jealous!!  :)

er... you name... Nigel Fordy Ford  ::)  ... I was always 'your special boy' who got to post your pictures... Now you've learnt to do it yourself I'm cast aside like an old sock..

I've seen a diferent side to you Mr F  >:( :'( :'( :'(

Ohhhhhh the pain  :'( :'( :'( :'(

er... you name... Nigel Fordy Ford  ::)  ... I was always 'your special boy' who got to post your pictures... Now you've learnt to do it yourself I'm cast aside like an old sock..

I've seen a diferent side to you Mr F  >:( :'( :'( :'(

Ohhhhhh the pain  :'( :'( :'( :'(

OH I thought it was only posting pics of Ford/son that pained you, not posting for a man named Ford too.... :) ....NURSE,NURSE,....get m'lud summat will ya,I'd no idea I'd caused him so much pain over the years. ;) ...

as for all your other postings/support tonight,(well I've seen a lot, though maybe not all,thanks for yours and all you others' support! 8)