David Pullen Books

I bought a couple of Davids book "Pocket Guide To Britains Model Tractors 1948 - 1998" last year and more recently, bought "Pocket Guide To Britains Model Tractors 1998 - 2008".  Whilst browsing the internet this past week I have also noticed, and bought a book of a similar nature that accounts for all the Combines and Harvesters made by Britains however I was wondering just how many of these books have there been?? Have I got them all or are there still more out there for Implements etc??

I have the first tractor book and also the combine and baler one and am awaiting the delivery of the second tractor one ( delivery promised prior to Christmas )...I can't wait for it

In my opinion they are excellent books and are good value for money.

Yes I cant wait till he brings out 1980 - 1990 if it is a series hes doing.  [glow=red,2,300]Most of my collection is from that era.

[/glow]

Pity its only in paperback though...

Ditto that.  Will be very interesting, I bet there are very few folks who really know the full extent of all the POS, catalogues etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

theres a few models not in the new book  from ertl side of things but it might be down to the dates . the JD 6200 and 6400 are not in there and the JD 7820 with duals . but like i said it could be down to the dates of the book. a must have set of books if you are a collector

theres a few models not in the new book  from ertl side of things but it might be down to the dates . the JD 6200 and 6400 are not in there and the JD 7820 with duals . but like i said it could be down to the dates of the book. a must have set of books if you are a collector

These are not actually missing.  The Ertl 7820 only came out as a new version late last year - 2009.  The book only covers up to the end of 2008 (hence the title "Pocket Guide to Britains .....Tractors 1998 - 2008;) 

The two JD's you mention are not missing either as they never came within the scope of the book.  David had to draw a line somewhere, and as the JD 6200 and 6400 were Ertl only issues, dating from before the takeover of Britains, and had never been issued as either a Britains or Ertl/Britains, they were not included.

I have a version & have seen a few others of The New Holland  small square  baler that does not appear to be in the book .

The difference concerns the  " L " shapep peg at very rear of baler where the bale sledge is connected  . There are versions where  the  peg is just a round  peg with a rounded finish

It could be a moulding change (if so, other people must have one I would think), or it could perhaps simply be a case of poor moulding - the plastic didn't make it all the way to the end of the mould.

I have a Massey Ferguson 135 and loader on which the operating lever doesn't stick out of the back of the cab as far as it should (it's about 6mm shorter than usual), which has a similarly rounded end.  Not having seen another like it, I put it down to an incomplete moulding.

I will have a look at my balers sometime and report back!

It could be a moulding change (if so, other people must have one I would think), or it could perhaps simply be a case of poor moulding - the plastic didn't make it all the way to the end of the mould.

I have a Massey Ferguson 135 and loader on which the operating lever doesn't stick out of the back of the cab as far as it should (it's about 6mm shorter than usual), which has a similarly rounded end.  Not having seen another like it, I put it down to an incomplete moulding.

I will have a look at my balers sometime and report back!

I have a similar problem with my 135 as i could never use it for 3 pt linkage implements as the lug on one side was not formed properly so it only got used on trailer work when i was a kid.

• 4 weeks later...