Case IH 5240

Well i decided my ertl case needed a refurb. So i decided to take it apart and start again. I have added new lights on the cab, cab rails, new front axle, front linkage, and painted floorplan new wheels and a new linkage. Its not quite finished yet, need to get some side lights and door mirrors sorted. Here's a picture just to show how far i have got.

Image005.jpg

Looks like its in for a 20,000 hour refurbishment program ;) I have a soft spot for certiain Internationals and the maxim is one of them . The parts you are going to add will make this model as they are parts that should of been on it from new. :)  Im looking forward to seeing it finished.

Regards Robert

Thanks you 2. much appreciated. I have the same feeling towards the maxxums too fordson major. Dad had a 5130 and 5140 when I was younger so i decided to do this one up.

Have just had it together for the first time and I am pleased with it so far. Got some more stuff to do to it yet like indicators nad maybe some mirrors if I can find some  ;)

Looks good, Will and a great tractor to start converting with. Will you be adding a new decal too?

Thanks pete, yeah I will probably do some more, want to do an MX135 just need to find one

Great conversion you have made there 8)

texas

Thanks very much texas  ;)

Looks good, Will and a great tractor to start converting with. Will you be adding a new decal too?

Erm not sure yet mate, any ideas where I could get some from  :-\

Are those the original wheels and tyres on it or are they different?

They are different tyres off of a UH mcormick MTX175  ;)

tidy lad, i believe the Uh mc cormick 115 is the perfect doner tractor  ;)

Thanks mate. think I'm gonna use the MTX 175 for the next one  ;)

Lovely conversion Will, looks very nice on the Siku drill. :)

Thanks Walter, I thought that the drill suited the tractor

that looks good finished a major improvement on the original

Yeah I'm pleased with it although it wasn't hard to improve the original

you have done a great job on that will

Cheers mate  :)