lemken sirius 9 mounted sprayer

well recived mine before xmas, so thought a review was in order

first uh box with the new fixing style i have actually removed a model from, pretty simple to do, but be aware the wire supports for the arms, do go through the framing, so don't just pull them off, i cut the bottom off then pulled from the top

nice detailing on this model as we have come to expect, seems a pretty heavy model to, with a good part of the frame work on the main body being metal, along with the main tank  and the center part of the arms, so muchg so infact it makes the tractor a bit front end light, well it has on the wiking i am using.

the outer folding arms are plastic, and do seem a little fragile, on mine when fulled extended they do seem to curve and bend upwards, but dont be tempted to bend them back, i recon you could snap them very very easilly

006-17.jpg

010-8.jpg

011-7.jpg

012-5.jpg

the hitch part is a little unusal in its actually fixed to the tow pin of the uh linkages, not the arms as per previous models, this is in a way good as brings the model closer to the tractor as per a real one, however, it does have the 3 point parts on, bar the top link position?? which can be added easilly, be warned though to go full 3 point you will need to drill a few bits out from the mounting points, as they have made them 1 peice cast ,

fully extended the arms meassure 75cm or for the oldies amoungst us 29.5 inches

007-11.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-6.jpg

mines mounted on the wiking jd, as thats why i put the rows on, as mentioned it will need work on the sprayer to get proper 3 point, but overall i recon the uh version is a great addition to anyones collection, and well worth buying, mainly as its mounted and good to see this rather than trailed

good points

great detailing,

good price

down points

arms very fragile and seem to bend up and curve

spray arms are not height adjustable??? not sure why

overall rating 8 / 10 from me

004-19.jpg

005-20.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-1.jpg

it wont fit the wiking tow pin sadly peter, the metal lug that it sits into is to big for the wiking sliding version,hence why its sort of 3 point mounted on mine instead, will try it on a siku and uh in a min,

Thanks Sean. Be very interesting to see the results of the 'mounting' tests!

right here we go with the different linkages

wiking first

the arms will bend out without damage to sit on the underside of the sprayers linkage ,the sprayer then sits ok, if a little prone to falling off  as i said top link points missing, but doesnt need much work

024.jpg

sits level mind as the arms wont hold the weight right up

025.jpg

heres what i ment by the pin on the wiking, as you can see the pin brackets not deep enough to take the uh tow eye mount

017-1.jpg

uh now

only had the 8690 to hand but all the same, veryeasy to fit, just slides over the top of the tow pin, and drop it down, the arms then sit under the bracket and stop it falling off

020.jpg

would recomend you dont lift the linkage as its hard to get your fingers back between the sprayer and body to drop it again, and on mine at least it jammed the linkage in the up position sprayer doesnt really sit level then either

018-1.jpg

linkage in dropped position

023.jpg

siku now

hard to get on, but i recon with a slight bend outwards on the arms, and a slight file down of the tow pin it will go, wasnt going to try on my bronze valtra mind as i am sure you will understand

but as i said, it will go with a small bit of work

021.jpg

i would advise the linkage is left down again as per the uh one, as i recon it will jam in the up position otherwise

022.jpg

nice review sean, bought mine this afternoon should get in a few days, mounting on my mf3065 (ertl) with front tank. Can fill front tank with ballast to weight down if needed. Having a thick moment can not get my sums right ;D is it 18mt boom???

;D Oooh you need to get one out  :of These are what " model " tractors should be like,a choice of accessories,so you can have the model look the way you want it to look,not the way the manufacturer produces it  :laugh: :laugh: ,

Regards

Joe.

Cheers for reviewing this Sean and your 6930 looks good with the yellow row crops.

As other members have said,the booms not being height adjustable is a shame but there only models so it doesnt matter to me,think I will try and buy one this month due to seeing decent pics of it now  ;)

not really sure why they didnt do the adjustable height, kind of a strange thing to leave off, although looking at it, with a little care they could be made to work, the frame work etc is there ready

Don't try and tempt me ;D  I've got enough models which need building and converting for the eventual layout,don't need more to add to the pile  :-[