JOHN DEERE 6600

there wasn't that many changes between them. as far as i can remember the graphics were changed the cab interrior had a slight change in colour. also the tractors were given a slight power increase. also auto power was introduced but dont think it was on the early models. jez would no more of the differences.

I know what your saying mate the first 6000 and 6010 series had a bit of charcter but the newer deeres are starting to loose the look. must admit i used to like the look of the fergies in the 80,s and 90,s but they are all starting to look alike now.

the 10 series had Tier 1 engines, that was the intoduction of restrictions on emmissions.

As for other details, cab colours, a few changes to the transmission options and hydraulics but mainly the engine.

so what engine was in the 6600 just the same engine that was in the 50 series or was that a total new engine to.

Different, the 6000 series was the first frame tractor, engine and transmission was now in a frame.

Not sure on specifics but a new build and new design....

is that what the models some of the dealers recived was celerbrating jez??? engine and transmision in a chassis frame?? was offered one from my uncle a while back ,not sure how rare they are

I think so sean, and then one with Front Suspension.... TLS.

Not that rare really

i wouldn't mind one of those either. ye jez remember going to the launch of the 6000 at edinburgh with my uncle and them showing the frame design. just wonder if all the laws hadn't changed would we have seen new engines. we probarly would have though because everybody wants more power. I remember when a 2850 was the  average size of atractor on a farm with one 6 cylinder the head tractormans machine for all the big work.

i wouldn't mind one of those either. ye jez remember going to the launch of the 6000 at edinburgh with my uncle and them showing the frame design. just wonder if all the laws hadn't changed would we have seen new engines. we probarly would have though because everybody wants more power. I remember when a 2850 was the  average size of atractor on a farm with one 6 cylinder the head tractormans machine for all the big work.

HA... I didn't say i had some to give away...  :of :of

Yes, the frame was the main change, a revolutionary design in the industry.

As for the engine argument, not sure as russia and south america don't have any restrictions on their emmissions.