Claas Scorpion

Murray

well boys does anyone know any bad things about these loaders that will catch you out over time, or will it just be general ware the same as other loaders  :-\

reason i ask is that the manitou we work with is going of for a scorpion  :'( i think its just a dodgy manitou we have at work thats why she gives us hassle, my boss fails to believe that the manitou will be better than scorpion, but if the scorpion is anything like the targo she will be a complete disaster. Also in the harvest times theres a man who has had 3 scorpions in 3 years  :of , but he his loading a fair amount of grain into lorries everyday which is a fair bit of ware on a loader so maybe thats the reason why, who knows

help would be appreciated, just stuff to look out for  ;)

if any of the chat on other forums, fwi or mags like profi are anything to go by the scorpions are the best around although probably the dearest of handlers there well worth the extra. you should check some of the stuff out on fwi, some makes intresting reading  ;)

a large farm i worked on always had 2 tele-handlers one for the 120 cow dairy unit, one on the arable/1500 head beef unit, whatever make we ran the one that was on the dairy unit would constantly give fault even though it would only do 1/4 of the hours, its all down to how theyre used.

a large farm i worked on always had 2 tele-handlers one for the 120 cow dairy unit, one on the arable/1500 head beef unit, whatever make we ran the one that was on the dairy unit would constantly give fault even though it would only do 1/4 of the hours, its all down to how they re used.

Interesting....

When i used to wok on a dairy farm the telehandler was running from about 6am through to the morning till mid day then off all afternoon doing other things, it used to clock a minimum of 6 hours per day.

Even though I am green through and through we used to run a 3200 and that didn't give us any trouble apart fromt he standard updates etc.

They now run a JCB and after 100 hours it needed a new rear axle, steering bushes had worn out...

As you say, depends how they are driven and maintained

we change our jcb every 3 -4 years,  its started with little problems....bye bye for it... used to work on a place in holywell and  the jcb526 changed every year... it would go away with bald tyres and batted i used to buckrake 3000 tonnes of maize and silage with it every year as well as getting it out and all the grain (150 acres)  i like the jcb

Well we have on demo a Manitou MLT 736 at present till end of week, they are all pushing their teleporters on livestock boys at the moment as none of the arable boys have any money. They wont look at a Claas as much as I try and push them, however the strange thing is JCB are so desperate to get a yellow one on a farm and a red one off they have just offered an equivalent JCB at a stupid price. We currently have a MLT634 I think its near on 10 years they have offered a manitou at about 35k to pay plus ours as trade, discount (all that rubbish) and the JCB same is 29k

The claas however is another 6k more??? are they really that good??

also why bother putting one price, then say oh but here is discount the teleporter started off at £54k!!! I think its going to be a red one rather than a green but they are still very good.

i was always told when working out machinery costs to take 20% off list price. List price is just a starting block to work from the more machines a dealer can or thinks they can sell reduces the price.

I think low prices/deals are being offered is due to the fact manufacturers and dealers need to keep selling and with the construction market being hit they need to shift machines, as arable farmers are still buying other kit.

Claas maybe more expensive but the dealer back-up on parts would be so much better than other manufacturers.

JCB have gone terrible for parts, my brother waited a week for the wrong alternator for his digger???

German quality comes at a price!

sure it will cost you an arm and a leg to get parts up here for a loader.

sure it will cost you an arm and a leg to get parts up here for a loader.

Why would it cost any more to get parts to you Murray, rrp is the same anywhere in the UK.

The Scorpion is a completely new machine from the ground up when it was made and launched, no comparison/continuation of parts from the Targo.

Yes they are expensive machines, but everyone that I know that has driven one thinks they are a great machine to drive and use.

Although I'm a bit biased, I will say that they can have some niggles, but name me a machine that does not!

Why would it cost any more to get parts to you Murray, rrp is the same anywhere in the UK.

The Scorpion is a completely new machine from the ground up when it was made and launched, no comparison/continuation of parts from the Targo.

Yes they are expensive machines, but everyone that I know that has driven one thinks they are a great machine to drive and use.

Although I'm a bit biased, I will say that they can have some niggles, but name me a machine that does not!

our dealers go mad with there prices thats what i am meaning  ;)