mad for models model farm toy show on 6 & 7 of march 2010

1/32collector

Mad for models has organised a farm and construction display show. To be held in the killerig resort hotel on saturday the 6th and sunday the 7th of march.

We are looking to show some of irelands best displays and model collections,

The show is been held in a very central part of ireland: Killerig Resort, Killerig, Carlow, Ireland 

Dublin 1 hrs

waterford 1 hrs

Athlone 2 hrs

Cork 2.5 hrs

Mad for models is looking for people to bring and display there collections and displays.

Prizes will be given to the best and most unusual displays and collections on the day.

Here is a link to the hotel where the show is been held http://www.killerigresorthotel.ie/   

This is a link to mad for models where there will be more info in the next few days                                http://www.madformodels.ie/

If you need any more info on putting a display or collection in ring or p/m me  ( jason ) on

086 3953445

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see plenty of interest in this show.

how easy is it to get from dublin airport to the venue?? or infact from the ferry port south is it?? did a quick distance check and via fishguard its a 400 odd mile trip at 8 hours for me via car

Sean, drive to Fishguard. Then drive from Rosslare to Carlow - not the best of a road to be honest no matter which way you go.

Or fly to Dublin and about 90 minutes drive or fly to Waterford and about 2 hours drive.

quote author=Tractorman810 link=topic=29845.msg621455#msg621455 date=1265151907]

how easy is it to get from dublin airport to the venue?? or infact from the ferry port south is it?? did a quick distance check and via fishguard its a 400 odd mile trip at 8 hours for me via car

just done a few cheacks on aa route finder

dublin airport just over an hour ( i drove this my self the other day motor way all the way)

waterford airport ;; 1 and a half hours its about 100 km

rosslare port;; 1 hrs 20 min 85 km

dublin port;; 1 hrs 25 min 87 km (this would be motorway nearly all the way)

Dun Laoghaire Port, Dublin;; 1 and a half hrs 94 km (this would be motorway nearly all the way)

hope this helps any one . if you have any questions just ask

jason

thanks for the info, i cant make this one as its the wifes brithday on the 7th, but wouldnt mind coming over next time round if it suits time / date wise, always good to see how others do the hobby, and maybe bring a ftf stand see if we can get a few new members to 

good morning

i was down at the hotel yesterday and they have told me that the bed rooms are all booked out for the saturday nite so i have a few b&b's for all that are interested

laburnum lodge  05991 51718

ballyderrin house  05991 52742

space in the main hall is almost all gone [img alt=;)]http://www.moirafarmandconstructionmodelclub.co.uk/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif. so if ant one else wants to display please let me  know asap

thank you

jason