Forage Harvesters

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah , that always frustrated me as well ,as when they bought out that model of forager,(loosely based on a deutz fh 900 i think ) british farms were mostly using double chop machines so a precision chop would have been a natural progression.The ammount of maize grown was negligable back then. It must have been nearly 15 years at least till the JAG 690 came out . very rarely saw a silage pick-up wagon round here , there are a few but not many.

And yet at the first instance they go and release the Jag with a grass pick up only!!!! Way round wrong thinks me!!

The Kemper option was ok but you still had to have two SP's then. The tractor mounted Kemper.... don't even go there!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone made a reco mengele version yet?

A PROPER trailed forager that, nothing to touch it ,we had a JD 4650(200+hp) driving an SH40N for a couple of years on our contracting gang, before we went self-propelled.

The MEX 6 can't compare as it has one less belt on the drive band which is tensioned away from the pulleys thus reducing contact area with them, ....like Durrrr, hello designer are you awake!!! :) :)