Young Farmers 24 Hour Ploughing Marathon!

Murray

That looks like fun mate! Good weather for it too. Did you manage 24 hours solid?

aye we went 24 hours solid

great pictures, my old boss would go ape ploughing snow into the ground, because on heavy clay it would just keep the soil temp too cold!!!

aye we asked the farmer will we stop but he said keep going so..

Thanks for posting Murray. did you do it to raise money for a charity or was it just for fun?

not a problem. well we raised over 1500 pounds i think. some is going to a charity i think, and the rest will be going into the young farmers club!

tht sounds like it was a good little event you had did you do it in shift like 12 hours each

cheers next one will be muck or slurry. eh we each got a shot put it that way maybe one got 2 hours the next got 3 hours works better than having one person doing nothing for 12 hour

fair play, givin up your time .. you had fun and made some money for good causes..well done

it was a good to do fair enjoyed it!

good going murray been a few years since i was a young farmer ,always enjoyed ploughing marathons , back in my day a JD 2850 was brand new new ! as was an MF 3080 !

Thanks, yeah my boss used to remember doing it when he got his David Brown 996 Brand new, it was the same  ground we was ploughing  8)

• 3 weeks later...