Marshalls of Gainsborough - info required

Leakeyvale

Would that be Henry Dickenson Marshall 1840 - 1906??

Lots of info in The Story of The Britannia Iron Works by Michael R Lane

Was he Major Henry? or was that Henry a grandson because the dates are a bit early for the one I am looking for.  This  Henry ought to be around in 1938+.

Henry Dickenson, second son of William & Eliza Marshall, James 1836 - 1922 was the first son.

Try and get the book from the local library on a request, has the full history and family tree etc.

The book came out in 1993 and is the full history.

In Edit, the family tree shows a Henry as a grandson of the above, son of Herman D Marshall (1873)  Herman D was  a Major.

Henry Dickenson, second son of William & Eliza Marshall, James 1836 - 1922 was the first son.

Try and get the book from the local library on a request, has the full history and family tree etc.

The book came out in 1993 and is the full history.

In Edit, the family tree shows a Henry as a grandson of the above, son of Herman D Marshall (1873)  Herman D was  a Major.

Thanks for that info - I am certainly not going to buy it - prices range from £125 to over £400 and all I really need to know is how involved was he in the business.  Library it will have to be!

The book was £28 when it came out, but all Michael Lane's works fetch tht price these days..

Sue - looked at my copy, the book has a forward by Major Henry Marshall (Grandson of the first Henry Dickenson) and was written with his assistance, so off to the Library with you!

The book was £28 when it came out, but all Michael Lane's works fetch tht price these days..

Sue - looked at my copy, the book has a forward by Major Henry Marshall (Grandson of the first Henry Dickenson) and was written with his assistance, so off to the Library with you!

Ta muchly - he obviously was very involved in the business!

Cannot get to the library today as I am on support and testing duties.  Will try Andover tomorrow if I get a chance.  I know they do not have it 'cos I checked their catalogue.  They are only library in the area that has one online - wonders will never cease! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip - have just collected the book from the library and it I am in for some interesting bedtime reading.  Marshalls seem to have had a similar history to Taskers (now sadly defunct) although the latter never made agricultural tractors as far as I know.

£1.50 search and retrieve fee is good value!

• 1 year later...

Interesting Steve, I've currently got my "father in law" (to be) building a SCALEdown TM135 kit. I don't suppose you own a real one do you?

we have a real track marshall tm 135 here's some pictures of it in my topic i can take some more if you want

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,28269.15.html

I have th UKs biggest collection of Track Marshall stuff, im also the owner of the owners club etc etc...

What do you need to know?

Thanks

Steve

Thanks Steve but I managed to do the research I needed from the book (pity I had to give it back to the library) but if I need info in the future you will be my first port of call. 

Would love to see pictures of your collection though.