John Deere future models

Jez

I've stuck my vote in the Wiking camp, and that's not to say i'm dismissing Siku or RC2 either, nor would I stop buying John Deere related machinery from them. My current collection of John Deere machines is made up exclusively from models produced by the latter two manufacturers, affordable, widely available and pretty good representations of the real deal, standard 8330 aside. I remember raving words of greatness when I bought a Siku 6920 not long after it was released, it was the first Siku tractor i'd purchased in years and was one of the models that rejunvenated my collecting habit at the time. It looks decidedly mundane compared to some of the models I now have but I still think it's a very functional toy/model and doesn't look out of place in a collector's cabinet. I too was very pleased to find an Ertl Precision 8530 for little money last year, it remains one of my favourite models in my entire collection.

But then so does the Wiking Claas Axion, which, when answering the F.T.F end of year survey I marked down as one of my favourite models of '09. Now i've yet to lay my mits on a Wiking 6930 but the thought of that particular model stood alongside a green and yellow 7810 and say a 4955/4755 from them would make me a very happy man. Model manufacturers do seem to be sitting up and taking note of collector's wishes, so i've no reason not to believe that these won't come to fruition in the not too distant future. 

I voted Wiking too but from JD's point of view they will be selling (hopefully) the majority of models to 'little farmers' who want whats on the farm to play with - Siku would be the answer there.

So why not a few 'collectors' models (maybe ltd. eds.) from, say, Wiking. A bit like NH did with the T7030 and CR9090 - but cheaper:)

I voted Wiking too but from JD's point of very they will be selling (hopefully) the majority of models to 'little farmers' who want whats on the farm to play with Siku would be the answer there.

So why not a few 'collectors' models (maybe ltd. eds.) from, say, Wiking. A bit like NH did with the T7030 and CR9090 - but cheaper.  :)

God John, you're so tight, and with all your money too  ::)  :laugh:

I'd really like to see an sg2 cabed 40 or 50 deere between the 80-100 bhp range as it is such an iconic model to the brand.

I'd like britains/rc2 to make a decent playable version for the youngsters and conversion parts,and then let the precision boys do there work on it so we also have a highly detailed model with a realistic style wiking hitch,choice of front link or weight and push fit wheels so you could easily swap them about between floats,row crops or conventional tyres.I don't ask for much do I  ::)