John Deere future models

Jez

Ladies and Gentlemen.

As you know I work for the big green company (like them or hate them) John Deere  ::):laugh:;)

My question to you is as follows:

Everyone is aware there are new machines being released soon.

Would you prefer a model coming from Siku, RC2 or Wiking?

I am pretty sure I know the answer but the Wiking models aren't really playable so i predict Siku......

Your thoughts will be interesting to hear.

Thanks,

Jez

8)

I will have to go for Ertl/Britains as that is what I collect (I have neither the space nor financial resources to collect other brands any more).  Although I confess that I am not John Deeres number one fan  ;)

Siku have come on a lot recently, and their recent JD offerings have been excellent, but I think most of the Ertl/Britains John Deeres are pretty good on the whole (and often significantly cheaper).  I would think Ertl will remain the principal 32nd scale licensee for JD for the foreseeable future (and judging from their recent efforts re MF7400, we may see further improvements in the manufacture of Ertl JD toys in the future too)

Wiking sit in a rather higher category, being rather more super detailed models. 

Which one you pick will to some extent be governed by whether you want/can afford more expensive, detailed models, or well detailed toys.

yes they do but its all the big stuff at least Siku did a 6920. And the American kit comes first with RC2, European kit in my opinion is an after thought for them.

You're right, but then US spec kit is secondary for the likes of UH, Wiking, Weise etc.... not that I'm a yankee sympathiser or anything  :-[  ;)  :laugh:

well being from the dark side (well red) i must say i am really impressed by the wiking version of the 6930, stunning model, so for me it would have to be wiking for any future jd, saying that if its a ertl precision then thats as good, slightly off subject i know but i would love to see a wiking 3000 series jd sometime

I have voted for Britains/RC2. Purely because I want to give them a chance and show a little support for them going by the previous Deere models (2266 excused!!) and the recent MF images.

Although, I would like to see UH do a JD because of yet they havn't... But then it isn't likely to get any better than the Ertl Precision series anyway really. Possible more affordable and less limited though.

Deere are usually out in front with their merchandising and marketing but they seem to have been left a bit behind with the classic models. How about Schuco being commissioned to produce some classics, ie early 3130 with Duncan cab and OPU, late 3130 ditto, 2140 fwd and 2wd (SG2, OPU, XE, LP, MC1 and open station) 1040 opu, 4240S, 4755, some combines: 1188, 1085, 1075, 975, 965H (factory cab and cab-craft cab) 2850 (SG2, MC1 and CC2 cabs) A special edition for France with a 3030, some of the wierd ones from Spain Lets get the classic farm layouts green with a hint of yellow.