ProFarm Toys Gilles C12 sugar beet (precision seed) drill 1/32 scale

I got my example of the ProFarm Toys Gilles C12 sugar beet (precision seed) drill 1/32 scale - and here is my review:

1) Box: The model comes in recyling paper box, which is however, nicely designed with information and pictures of the real implement. The model is tightened to the inside of the box by four wires which are very difficult to open without damaging the modell.

7 points of 10 possible

aIMG_4078.jpg

2) General appearance: The model is very, very light, the lightest 1/32 scale farm modell in my hands so far, in spite of the use of metal parts. It looks very fragile and detailed and you stop breathing when taking the model out of the box. Surprisingly, it is rather enduring however. And allows for touching and moving the movable parts without any problems. The bad side aspect of the high degree of detail is that is almost impossible to keep the whole construction symmetric, especially due to the fact, that every single section of the 12 row seeder is movable and each has three movable wheels like the real thing. So many independently movale items result however in a slight look of missing symmetry when looking exactly.

8 points of 10 possible

aIMG_4077.jpg

3) Functionality: This is onother nice aspect of the modell: virtually every movable parts of the real implement is also movable here, beginning from the folding mechanism for road transport over the row markers to the indidual seed sections. Regarding the folding mechanism, I had the feeling that this was very difficult to achieve and you have the feeling of almost breaking the whole model when unfolding the model for the first time. Therefore I will never fold this modell again. The lids of every hopper seem to be able to be opened but when trying to do so, the lid fell of and I had to stick it on the hopper again. And: do not even think of carpet farming with this modell - you will not have much fun when doing so ...

7 points of 10 points possible

aIMG_4083.jpg

4) The model as vitrine model

ProFarm Toys made no compromises regarding detail and that's why the model is perfect for vitrine exhibition.

10 points of 10 possible

5) The modell as diorama model

The model seems perfect for dioramas and I think that it looks great in the diorama I created for the new "toy". Combination with "toy" linkage tractors is made easy by means of an adaptor found inside the box. However, the modell will be difficult to clean after a while due to the many small parts. Nevertheless:

10 points of 10 possible

aIMG_4090.jpg

6) Choice of modell

The Gilles C12 is destined for sugar beet, a culture widely ignoredby farmtoy manufacturers so far. Also, this is the first Gilles model produced in higher numbers ever. And, the model is not only a real optical pleasure, but also the first series-produces 1/32 sugar beet seed drill on the market so far!

Also choice of a 12 row mashine is a realistic size on most farms today and thus a perfect choice:

10 points of 10 possible

aIMG_4079.jpg

7. price

the model will be availabe for around 50,- euros on the European continent. Regarding the quality of the modell and the fact that it is produced by a newcomer on the market which will have to fight for economic survival especially in this early phase of its existence, the price seems very fair to me.

10 points of 10 possible

aIMG_4075.jpg

8) summary. I just can recommend this model to anyone interested in sugarbeet farming and for any sugar beet diorama but NOT for everycarpet farmers. A very nice and valuable gift for the collector, but not for your little 5-year-old boy.

all in all: 62 points of 70 possible - very good! (MAGNIFIQUE!!!)  :)

Rumours suggest the Gilles two-phase sugar beet cleaning harvesting system to be released by PROFARM TOYS later this year or next year. We might expect another highlight then!

For more pictures, please a have a look at "my" Britains Farming German Style topic in the Farm & Layout section of this forum.

aIMG_4084.jpg

Very nice,although I do notice your row crop duals are not quite to the correct wheel spacings to fall either side of the planting shoe ..  :laugh:

A good detailed review with some very clear photography.  :)

MY row crop wheels DO have the correct spacing; it is the slightly missing symmetry of the model which makes the spacing LOOK not correct on SOME pictures  >:(

They're sold in the UK as Kuhn Sean, not too many about though.

Great review Sascha, will have to get one of them in my collection thats for certain

I only discovered that when I certain ftf weirdo purchased a couple off me a couple of days back for that exact reason...I expect a convo soon  ;)

Must be about 5 years ago when we looked at changing the beet drill where I used to work that I found out, they were new on the market over here then, looked well built but we didn't like how they folded so took it no further and bought something else