OLDER STYLE FORD CONVERSIONS

I have just built these two old Fords to sell but they only made £26 and £36 on ebay. Is it me , or are these worth the hassle of building anymore ?

Not long ago they were able to make decent money but you can't build them for nothing.I still enjoy making them though.

post-164-132639253778_thumb.jpg

well steve they are fords afterall ;D ;D ;D ;D  price of scrap metals dropped see ;)  is intresting the way prices have dropped of recently, i guess rumore of uh countys etc in the future is making some back off??? times aint exactly easy either, ebay prices as a whole seem down of late

Great models mate, i know what you mean about prices, my county highlanders went for rubbish money, the 1174 with full kit only made £55, and i spent a good 25/30 hours on it, not worth the hassle, but like you say i enjoy making them.  cheers

you said it all in your 1st sentence about not being worth the time and hassle any more to build tractors,these models are excellent and are worth more for you to have for yourself to admire than sell it to someone for next of nothing......im just doing my own from now on and that way i dont mind if i spend a week on it like i recently have done.....

Well I recon I can comment on this one  ;)

I have bought lots and lots of Steve's masterpieces over recent years and his quality of work is second to none  ;)

Two or three years ago his models would go for good money but since the release of the new range of Britains Fords the value (in the eyes of the buyer) seems to have dropped  :(

Of course it is becoming harder for the conversionists as the manufacturers are bringing out new models by the hatfull  :-\

Stick with it mate as your one of the best..maybe try scratch builds  :-\