they seem to go for the "bug eyed look" nothing

like the "ready for working contempery classic's of the past

the only way you can identify them is by coulour and that can be

deceptive 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just had another look & it still doesn't appeal to me , thats not saying the tractors rubbish , i speak as i find & of all the deere's i've driven , none have let me down & have performed well , yes sometimes better than a few massey's ive had to use !

but i suppose it's only a matter of time before a manufacturer actually fits a full mesh bonnet !

well i just had another look & it still doesn't appeal to me , thats not saying the tractors rubbish , i speak as i find & of all the deere's i've driven , none have let me down & have performed well , yes sometimes better than a few massey's ive had to use !

but i suppose it's only a matter of time before a manufacturer actually fits a full mesh bonnet !

Full meash would not work as there is no way to channel the air flow through from front to rear as most bonnets aid currently

They said the same about the 30 series when JD brought them out. ::)

No offence nash but go and work with one for a while and then deliver an opinion, instead of listening to hear say. I honestly dont know where deere became the worst tractor on the market i have yet to work seriously with a 30 series but of all the 20's i have they have all performed admirably, and even tho i like my deeres if i had to buy a new machine in the morning i would look seriously at a t6070 and a puma 140

if new deeres are so bad why do they still have the most percentage of the market share? ::)

Because there are more JD tractors sold there will be more go wrong because the breakdowns will be popular if you get what i mean its not brand bashing just statistics when you think about it.

I think every brand has gone through it when theyre top, i remember Fords and Masseys being talked about in the same way.

if new deeres are so bad why do they still have the most percentage of the market share? ::)

there no worse than the others that is on the market they all give trouble doesnt matter what colour they are there is a fair few new hollands up ourway giveing trouble and we had trouble with some of our fendts on the tractor in question i think it looks ok and i am sure it will look great when deere put there finishing touches to it and doesnt matter what it looks like they will sell well anyway

No offence nash but go and work with one for a while and then deliver an opinion, instead of listening to hear say. I honestly dont know where deere became the worst tractor on the market i have yet to work seriously with a 30 series but of all the 20's i have they have all performed admirably, and even tho i like my deeres if i had to buy a new machine in the morning i would look seriously at a t6070 and a puma 140

Right I will shut up in future. I don't listen to bullsh!t only honest user assessments as well. I am not a Valtra fan but would be the first to admit they are a reliable tractor given 3 50 series I know with highish hours.

I have driven one actually and will admit I still think they are only a tarted up 20 series and that the 20 series was a step backwards from 10 series.

Agreed about the Puma.

Don't forget people don't just look at reliability when purchasing - residuals are also important and the very strong JD export market lead to a major growth in JD sales.

All manufacturers had blips in their history. Look at what porous blocks did to Ford, 6100 series to MF etc etc

well i've just had another look  :(

& from looking at a 30 series at work yesterday , i don't think there's actually much different about the grill except for the light arangement, although having said that while unloading at a bin yesterday there was a JD 6810 hooked to a feed wagon & a 6830 with a dung spreader, the 6810 did look the better of the two

Pleople get hooked up on having the newest tractor I think,it's what's on the back that maters.Are you realy any beter off with that new space ship?.SG2 cabed deeres are comftable,dust proof and with a little tlc they can have an air sprung seat and a modern radio,Even GPS can be fitted and they will pull well when set up right.Even if they use more diesel they are prob still cheaper to drill a paddock with when you consider the repayments and interest.They also have the advatage of being able to be fixed in a farm work shop.

Pleople get hooked up on having the newest tractor I think,it's what's on the back that maters.Are you realy any beter off with that new space ship?.SG2 cabed deeres are comftable,dust proof and with a little tlc they can have an air sprung seat and a modern radio,Even GPS can be fitted and they will pull well when set up right.Even if they use more diesel they are prob still cheaper to drill a paddock with when you consider the repayments and interest.They also have the advatage of being able to be fixed in a farm work shop.

Air seat in an SG2??

I didn't know ye could get one that could fit, more info please i want to invest!

from what i remember you just need a system similar to a sprayer boom suspension, a chamber charged with gas to cushion the impact, an air seat, pipework  to be honest cheaper to buy a new tractor alot less hassle!!!

If the tractor has its own compressed air supply then an air seat just tee d into the air supply. I think it was about £500 for a real bog standard air seat for our old Mog.

Hmmm interesting,

I just looked again, not sure if its been noticed but the tractor in the picture has its headlights up at the cab windscreen above the indicators, this is a curent option if front linkage is to be used seems thats whats on this deere