Britains should .........

moogie

Get their act together and have a good look at what they are selling.  >:(

Bought my little girl a JCB 7230 (42503) and a Fold up cultivator (9550) to day.

It is physically impossible to mount the cultivator to the JCB. The rear arms aren't long enough so the cultivator would sits tight against the rear wheel if you could get it connected.

The new Britians are a constant disappointment to me, think i'll stick with the old ones, at least they could make implements that would mount on to the back of the tractors in those days.

Sorry rant over.  :)

B.T.W. what implements fit the linkage at the front of the JCB and at the rear of the Ford FW-60?

Get their act together and have a good look at what they are selling.  >:(

Bought my little girl a JCB 7230 (42503) and a Fold up cultivator (9550) to day.

It is physically impossible to mount the cultivator to the JCB. The rear arms aren't long enough so the cultivator would sits tight against the rear wheel if you could get it connected.

The new Britians are a constant disappointment to me, think i'll stick with the old ones, at least they could make implements that would mount on to the back of the tractors in those days.

Sorry rant over.  :)

B.T.W. what implements fit the linkage at the front of the JCB and at the rear of the Ford FW-60?

nothing fits the jcb fastrac front hitch its a complete waste of time.

The Ford Fw atleast the tractor can tow  :)

The britains range is due to have a new hitch soon which should sort out what fits to it.

Hopefully they will sort themselves out the build quality does leave a lot to be desired i would rather spend that little bit more and have UH or Siku we will have to wait and see if the improve like they say they are going to

Nick

even with a new hitch ( if it turns out to be any good) they have been producing crap and selling it to the customer for too long ,as a company i find them appalling. I would like them to produce some good quality stuff i really would but it will be a long time before they get any of my money.

I think you will also find that there have been several Siku implements that wont fit certain Siku tractors too, particularly among the older items (not to mention a couple of UH models with different hitch widths!)

It seems to me that everyone has it in for Britains, well I think there great so there. :of :of :of::);D

Always the voice of reason James...  ;)  That or just another delusional episode  ???  ;)  :laugh:

For what it's worth, I'm done spanking Britains, they've scored plenty of won goals but even if you look at what many rate as rubbish, it always has redeeming features.... Ford 5000... awful hitch and non steering axle, but nice base casting and accurate enough for most (me included).... 2266 combine or whatever it was.... about as basic as can be but who else made a mid sized combine of the sort we'd see in the UK at the time...?

i just think after taking how many years? To rectify a simple problem with the hitch the company stink.

When they re made the Ford 5000 they had a chance to produce an outstanding model, instead they messed up, it just doesnt look right ive driven the real tractor. As for the exhaust on the 66 and 76 well??? and they still cant rectify it.

I HATE Britains because i used to love them when i was a kid, while quality and detail has improved with other brands over the years, Britains has fallen behind.

I should think there was a lack of investment or time for R&D for which Britains or RC2 have their own reasons/excuses. It mustn't stop us looking forward to the future with Britains though. Farmtoys Forum and it's members have made a massive contribution to what we are going to see this year. I havn't been their biggest fan in the past but I think 'hating' a manufacturer while your own feeling, is possibly taking a hobby out of context.

I should think there was a lack of investment or time for R&D for which Britains or RC2 have their own reasons/excuses. It mustn't stop us looking forward to the future with Britains though. Farmtoys Forum and it's members have made a massive contribution to what we are going to see this year. I havn't been their biggest fan in the past but I think 'hating' a manufacturer while your own feeling, is possibly taking a hobby out of context.

agree with you there Tris, as you know i've not been their biggest fan since RC2 killed off Britains (maybe a little harsh but you get my drift!)  :D :D :D :D ::)  but hope for the love of collecting RC2 start to produce some good models and bring back the Britain's brand we are all use to.

We, as a forum, have advised them in many ways over the years, and it cant all be done instantly as we know, we just have to wait and see what else comes out, but from what Andy has mentioned before, it looks promising, lets just hope they can keep their side of the deal!, :) :) :)

how many years have they known about the hitch?

How long did it take Siku to stop the steering knob on the cab roof?

I started complaining to RC2/Britains about quality issues 15 years ago only to be sent a catalogue, after a few several catalogues i gave up.

I complained to siku about a broken part and get sent a replacement.

Even if Britains produce a must have for my collection, i will wait to see what other manufacturers produce because the hobby is like that now.

Some people may not like what i say  but my hobby my opinion.

Ah lads, come one, Britains are alright, they ain't perfect but they're still the cheapest.... we can't have it all ways, they seem to be doing their best to get somewhere back to the standard of our childhoods so credit where credit's due.... All brands have their faults [personally I don't really like Siku, too 'toy' for me, too well built] but as we're all 'growed ups' [allegedly!] we've decided we would like them to be shelf models.... if we offered our 6 year old selves a current Britains and a UH, which do you think we'd choose.... really.....? rose tinted specs 'n all that.....  ;):)

Britains or UH arent suitable for kids, toys need to function and not fall apart Britains havent managed to achieve this for a long time.

Theyre not cheap when they cannot imitate the real machine ie; exhaust not in the right place or when it breaks.

Most toys break in the hands of a child, I shouldn't think many children have made a note of the exhaust either! It'S 8 in the morning and your already moaning like an old woman!! Britains have done as much good as they have done bad. You don't like them, we have got the jist of that. ::)

yes i dont like them, yes toys do break. when i buy my little boy a tractor built by britains and it breaks or ceases to function after a few hours yet the same boy has a Siku equivelant that has lasted years paint work chipped, cab broke but all four wheels are intact/still rotate, linkage still functions and he still has hours of fun with it.

Yes i am going to moan about Britains in my mind they deserve it, as this is a discussion forum im discussing it.

Moaning doesn't form part of a healthy discussion if you ask me. It's how constant ranting can be seen as constantly bashing a brand. something we all saw lead to a member throwing the towel in with FTF. If you wish to constructively discuss your views and how you feel these views could be addressed, great. If you have a bee in your bonnet for a particular reason, FTF isn't the place for your moaning to be done. That goes for all of us, there are differences in constructive criticism and pure moaning.

to criticise/moan about a brand or company which exchanges its goods for money is fair.

You are replying to my posts with your opinions which makes discussion or maybe we should only say what you want to hear!!!

As for a member quiting due to brand bashing, i honestly feel we were not told the complete story???

Deere-est i dont agree with what you say but i do agree you have a right to say it. Lets all put the rose tinted specs and pretend everything is good, ive never been part of that club i will always give my opinion.

to criticise/moan about a brand or company which exchanges its goods for money is fair.

You are replying to my posts with your opinions which makes discussion or maybe we should only say what you want to hear!!!

As for a member quiting due to brand bashing, i honestly feel we were not told the complete story???

Deere-est i dont agree with what you say but i do agree you have a right to say it. Lets all put the rose tinted specs and pretend everything is good, ive never been part of that club i will always give my opinion.

To the best of my knowledge there is no 'completion' to the story you refer to Simon.  And I do like to keep myself Au-fait with what goes on in the forum.  I think the issue Jez had was similar to one that I would have had, had I have been in a similar position.

Some of us are HUGELY passionate about our brands... similar to the loyalty you may see in (say) a football teams' support from a fanatic.  I think Jez became increasingly frustrated with the constant bashing 'his brand' was getting... and in some cases by people who really have little or mostly no

experience of any maker or model.  It's a great shame he's chosen to distance himself from the forum and I am hoping he'll reconsider.

The thing I most like about this hobby.. and to that end, this forum is the friendliness and general good feeling.  Having read the two posts above I can agree with portions of both of them.

We must ALL try to keep our posts friendly and with rational debate... we are all entitled to our opinions.. and each one is a valid as the other... it's 'extremest views' or 'sweeping statements' that don't make for good discussion... and merely serve to antagonise people or turn them away

To the best of my knowledge there is no 'completion' to the story you refer to Simon.  And I do like to keep myself Au-fait with what goes on in the forum.  I think the issue Jez had was similar to one that I would have had, had I have been in a similar position.

Some of us are HUGELY passionate about our brands... similar to the loyalty you may see in (say) a football teams' support from a fanatic.  I think Jez became increasingly frustrated with the constant bashing 'his brand' was getting... and in some cases by people who really have little or mostly no

experience of any maker or model.  It's a great shame he's chosen to distance himself from the forum and I am hoping he'll reconsider.

The thing I most like about this hobby.. and to that end, this forum is the friendliness and general good feeling.  Having read the two posts above I can agree with portions of both of them.

We must ALL try to keep our posts friendly and with rational debate... we are all entitled to our opinions.. and each one is a valid as the other... it's 'extremest views' or 'sweeping statements' that don't make for good discussion... and merely serve to antagonise people or turn them away

Huzzah for marky! well said that man!

britains should, give me one of their new MFs with the new hitch, for free to test extensively  :angel:;D