Classic Tractor - May 2010

Well, after seeing everyone get their copy a week before i could, i asked for a subscription for a Christmas present, today i had the first copy land on the mat.

Lots of picture in the 'Collectors Corner' of upcoming models.

The mag get better and better  :)

Well, after seeing everyone get their copy a week before i could, i asked for a subscription for a Christmas present, today i had the first copy land on the mat.

Lots of picture in the 'Collectors Corner' of upcoming models.

The mag get better and better  :)

I think I have seen that mag over here what the shelve price on them Barry?

Anyone notice the New Holland ad on the back? It features a Ford 6630! Is this one of the rare Indian tractors that appeared in the late 90s (the last tractors to carry the Ford name anywhere in the world) or is a botch-up on the part of the NH advertising/design department?

Anyone notice the New Holland ad on the back? It features a Ford 6630!  Is this one of the rare Indian tractors that appeared in the late 90s  (the last tractors to carry the Ford name anywhere in the world) or is  a botch-up on the part of the NH advertising/design department?

Could it be an early picture of a pre-production 6640. The idea being new additions to the Ford 30 series that were introduced in 1990? I would like to know the origin of the photo.

It was a cock up - has been corrected in the FFA magazine.

John are you restoring a 550 now :of

Also anyone else notice the Case 2294 for sale that the owner did major repairs on as detailed in CT a few months back? Wonder what he has bought?

And it has a big spread on Sames, oh happy days 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

That jumped straight out at me actually, had a feeling it was just a photoshopping error. You often see stuff like that in sales literature where photos of older models are used with updated decals or changed to a different colour. Just computer jiggery-pokery really.

Nashmach,

Ref the Case 2294, you don't miss much, do you? Neil Threadgold, the owner of the Case 2294, has just bought a NH TM175. I think he faniced a bit more comfort and is hoping that the TM175 behaves itself.

As for the Ford 6630, not sure about that. I'll see if anyone at New Holland knows the details. It has certainly been a talking point, though, so perhaps it has worked well as an advert?

Regards

Rory

Like quoting the wrong post?  ;)

Indeed, it aappears that the quote button has moved from to the top of the posts from the bottom where it used to be back I were a lad.

On topic: Another great issue Rory, I just wish i could have finished last month's before it was time to buy the next one :laugh: :laugh:

I mist confess, I only buy it off the shelf now and again and this time my reason was the locally owned County coming up at the next Cheffins sale, along with it's Marshall, Leyland and others stable mates and that beautiful great 30 series on the front.

Great read so far, the chap with the Marshalls is the chap that owns the Marshall 132 I mentioned in the Malvern topic.

Cover to covered... nearly twice.... can't you make it fortnightly Rory?!  ???  :laugh:

Another superb issue Mr Day.... Was even better than last months issue.... which in my haste to acquire this month's, I bought twice..!!!  :-[  ::)  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Anyone want to buy a mint condition unread copy of Classic Tractor, April 2010...?!  :of  ???  ::)  ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

At long last i purcahased the may issue today!! Its been a busy few weeks!!!.  ???

Yet again brilliant, awesome big Fords and nice to see some Sames, gawd i wonder how much that County will sell for  8)..