my wee fergi

masseyman

A "little grey menace" Masseyman but very tidy with full lighting system and also the original narrow front wheels.

Now don't take this the wrong way and I could be talking rubbish but that exhaust does not look right for the Fergie. Firstly it is black and the box looks too short and the pipe above it too long. All fergies I have seen tend to have silver exhausts.

What year is she and did you do the restoration of her ??? ???

Oh good thinking about the plough weight you won't find anything cheaper than that ;) ;)

On the ploughing it does not look all that bad if you have only taken up ploughing.

How clean were your boards  ??? ??? ... you need them to shine like a mirror for the plough to work well ;) ;)

A "little grey menace" Masseyman but there tidy with full lighting system and also the original narrow front wheels.

Now don't take this the wrong way and I could be talking rubbish but that exhaust does not look right for the Fergie. Firstly it is black and the box looks too short and the pipe above it too long. All fergies I have seen tend to have silver exhausts.

What year is she and did you do the restoration of her ??? ???

Oh good thinking about the plough weight you won't find anything cheaper than that ;) ;)

cheers

yes i had to replace the exust last month therefore havn't had the chance to repaint it yet,

the one that used to be on it was a bit shorter and i had her done like a silvery colour but she rusted at the bracket

apparently the one i had on her before are hard to come by now

she is 1953

she was painted when i got her but i rebuilt the engine on her at the end of last year and added the lighting ;) ;)

On the ploughing it does not look all that bad if you have only taken up ploughing.

How clean were your boards  ??? ??? ... you need them to shine like a mirror for the plough to work well ;) ;)

yes im still abit of a novice  ;D ;D

the boards where shining they get a good dose of grease on them every time im finished :P

cheers

yes i had to replace the exust last month therefore haven't had the chance to repaint it yet,

the one that used to be on it was a bit shorter and i had her done like a silvery colour but she rusted at the bracket

apparently the one i had on her before are hard to come by now

she is 1953

she was painted when i got her but i rebuilt the engine on her at the end of last year and added the lighting ;) ;)

Yes I thought the exhaust did not look quite right and I suppose it really stuck out being black. Have you tried the OLD 20 parts company in Derby I'm sure they will have them.

A 1953 model just before the TEF 20 diesels came out. I used to have a 1956 TEF 20 with a Mill loader and was just used as a working beast, I sold her for £ 800 back around 1995 or 1996 to help fund my purchase and restoration of my 1951 Farmall Cub.

Do you mix your own TVO for her and what mixture do you use 4 galls paraffin and 1 gallon petrol ??? ???

yes I'm still abit of a novice  ;D ;D

the boards where shining they get a good dose of grease on them every time I'm finished :P

Yes I'm told that the secret keep they covered with grease and wash off with petrol before you start ploughing again.

It's nearly two years since I had a play with my 1956 French Farmall Cub and Ransomes TS42A single furrow trailing plough. I smeared the board in grease and covered with a black bin liner to save the mess and it was laid up inside a shed. I must get it looked out before long and get my spring hitch working since our local vintage working event is looming...middle of May at the BA Country Store Lyne of Skene in Aberdeenshire.