Idea for LTD. Edition models.

with the amount of Limited Edition models released every year it does annoy me how so many are just different colour versions or different boxes.

I think it would be a good idea for a manufacturer to offer options to the customer, pretty much like a real machine for example a choice of wheels/tyres, front linkage, different front weight options, etc and also pre ordered by the customer with certificate relating to customer and model, reducing the amount of profiteering on auction sites.

Just my thoughts would like to hear what everyone else thinks?

with the amount of Limited Edition models released every year it does annoy me how so many are just different colour versions or different boxes.

I think it would be a good idea for a manufacturer to offer options to the customer, pretty much like a real machine for example a choice of wheels/tyres, front linkage, different front weight options, etc and also pre ordered by the customer with certificate relating to customer and model, reducing the amount of profiteering on auction sites.

Just my thoughts would like to hear what everyone else thinks?

If you go to my website thats basically what i do as well as many others in this game, we call them conversions

I think Imber Models will cater for those kind of wishes, Simon. If other manufacturers take note then it may become more widespread but like Ricky said, he and many others are doing this kind of thing and to be fair, at a decent price too to be honest.

A gift set for example though like this would be nice. Tractor, weight hanger, weights, font linkage, row crops, beacon, work lamps, driver would be a nice set to become available.  :) Is that the kind if thing you are thinking about?

Tris a gift set like you mentioned would be great.

I know conversions cover this, but i just feel there are more LTD Editions appearing and the only thing different is box and decal, i think UH being the main culprits, i think they could take it a step further to make the the LTD Ed market more appealing.

I agree with Simon in what he says about so many 'limited' tractors being in essence just a variation on a theme. A true limited edition should be a make or brand that has not been produced commercially before by another producer or manufacturer, restricted to 1000 or under in number and be 'copyrighted' so that either it or variations of may not be further produced by any other manufacturer. The 'bandwagon' is getting a little stale now and the 'desire' is wearing a bit thin.

Thats a good idea on all the options as Imber do :)

I guess if somebody wants to do a Belarus ltd edition they could use the one im fixing for a customer at the moment as the base for the replica . They could include a minature pail of oil to tip on the floor under it and a bag or two of sawdust to soak up the oil slick. How much more realistic could you get. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

I agree with Simon in what he says about so many 'limited' tractors being in essence just a variation on a theme. A true limited edition should be a make or brand that has not been produced commercially before by another producer or manufacturer, restricted to 1000 or under in number and be 'copyrighted' so that either it or variations of may not be further produced by any other manufacturer. The 'bandwagon' is getting a little stale now and the 'desire' is wearing a bit thin.

Like the NH 110-90 Blue tractor, they are for being mass produced, it just kills Tommy's chances of getting clear of his Limited models, I think thats just wrong

personally iu think the market for limited edition tractors is flooded, way to many out there now, every man and his dogs getting into them, i recon a limited range of implements would sell better now, like say a 500 run of trailed standen beet harvestors, or spud planters?? maybe a good well detailed small bale baler? pz haybob, stuff like this, something that cant just be swapped decal wise to cash in, i would pay say 150 quid for a trailed limited high detail standen harvestor or haybob, ,

not just someones build/ convo , a proper pro run of them before some young wipper snapper offeres to build one ;D ;D ;D