John Deere 4010 'Elvis Presley' edition with 46A loader

BRITAINSMAD

Just received this beauty today having read about it in the latest issue of Model Farmer.  1/16 scale and made from Diecast so very very heavy.

Havent removed it form the box yet but from what I can see it is very well made.

Not sure if these are limited edition but this one was bought in America so there may be only a few here in the UK.

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

On the box it reads -

"This special edition, 1-16 scale 4010 tractor with 46A loader is a replica of the one owned and operated by Elvis Presley.  It includes such features as a die-cast 46A front loader, movable 3-point hitch, dash and PTO levers, an 'Elvis Presley 4010 - 2009' collector insert and an Elvis signature imprint.

Elvis purchased the tractor in 1967 and frequently enjoyed using it on his Mississippi ranch.  It was later used to maintain the grounds at Graceland.  Now fully restored, the tractor is on public display in the Elvis Presley Auto Museum at Graceland."

Ah, now that put a smile on my face this morning! I thinks that our first Model Farmer influenced purchase  :D:)

Does look quite nice mind you! Should sell well if all the Elvis fans catch wind of it!

if you look closely the restored one still has the dents in the nose cone where supposedly elvis hit a few things on the raunch. you would have thought that it would get a new one before being resprayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

if you look closely the restored one still has the dents in the nose cone where supposedly elvis hit a few things on the raunch. you would have thought that it would get a new one before being resprayed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well yes but then Elvis did have a lot of hits ;) ;) ;D ;D

On the box it reads -

"This special edition, 1-16 scale 4010 tractor with 46A loader is a replica of the one owned and operated by Elvis Presley.  It includes such features as a die-cast 46A front loader, movable 3-point hitch, dash and PTO levers, an 'Elvis Presley 4010 - 2009' collector insert and an Elvis signature imprint.

Elvis purchased the tractor in 1967 and frequently enjoyed using it on his Mississippi ranch.  It was later used to maintain the grounds at Graceland.  Now fully restored, the tractor is on public display in the Elvis Presley Auto Museum at Graceland."

Nice looking model and nice bit of history to it Dwayne...1/16 scale so not for me ....but we could have an influx of the Elvis fan club joining FTF if they start collecting tractor models ;) ;)

I have to agree with you there Bill but given the history and the story behind it I just thought it would be nice to have.  It takes up a lot of space so I doubt that there will be another purchased of this scale.... although stranger things have happened in the past!!

always been a big fan of "THE KING"  8)  but now i see he drove a JD, i think i might have to sell all his LP's and CD's and.. and..and.. No wonder he dented it, should have purchased a Ford 641 workmaster with 68" loader  ;)  that would still be running and in mint condition compared to the.. ::)

it's like buying chocolate and find out it has nuts in it to which you are allergic ;)