Claas Xerion saddletrac with Lemken Solitair drill

Hi everyone, dont post as much as I would like too but thought i'd share this with you all.

The model started from a UH factory second, the model didn't survive the roughs seas from china so had all sorts of bits missing and falling off so i thought it was a good idea to get the dremmel on it. That was 2008 and after sitting on my workshop table for all that time i finally got around to finishing it this week.

The hopper of the drill is styrene sheet with some bits robbed from the donor Lemken drill. The new platform for the cab is styrene too with steel guard rails. The lemken unit can be removed to leave just the saddle trac as i did plan on making the Kaweco tanker. Just waiting on the lemken and Solitair 10 stickers to turn up and i'll finally have the space back on my workshop table.

Cheers

Lee

25032010584.jpg

25032010585.jpg

25032010586.jpg

25032010599.jpg

25032010601.jpg

Yes that really is a lovely piece of work. Looks like you have rescued a fallen giant and made it into a first claas model. Impressive. 8)

Cheers, lovely use of the word Claas!  ;)

cracking piece of work. Do you have anything else planned to put on it?

Not at the minute, I'm busy with a couple of models for chaps on here plus theres the scratch building competition which i still hope to enter. To be honest i'm not sure why UH haven't already brought out the Saddletrac already.

Lee

Some effort and care put in here,it looks awesome.

Could we see a photo of it in transport mode sometime please Lee.

Here you go

25032010598.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words about the model too, it nearly did get put in the bin a bit back but i'm glad i stuck in there

The bin?!! Looking at this I am sure no matter what gets thrown in the bin you could make something good out of it.

In my bin I have some potato peelings, a silver foil tray, the lid from a jar of cooking sauce and a crisp packet. Shall I send it to you?!  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi all

Got the stickers in the post this morning and got them applied today so the model is finally finished! I've also decided to let the model go and is now on e of the bay, i just don't have the space to display it. Anyway enough with the advertising here's the pictures.

Cheers

Lee

03042010642.jpg

03042010643.jpg

03042010644.jpg

03042010645.jpg

03042010646.jpg