CALLING ALL DOE EXPERTS

masher124

Question

I have been keeping back Britains/Corgi and Crescent skids for conversion to Triple D's but dont know how to do the turntable and linkages convinsingly as no references - anyone help?????

Could buy Sstuart Gibbards Doe story i know or buy a Scaledown kit but thats a bit severe on the pocket - its cost me enough for the skids afterall.

17 answers to this question

I'd suggest you go to a toy show (Spalding, April 2nd) and have a look at some of the Does that will be there. You could also PM Nigel Ford from Scaledown, a regular visitor to this board, and talk with him about more cost effective ways of achieving your objective.

Worst case scenario, buy one Scaledown kit and see where that takes you when you have it in your hands.

I bought a set of the turntable back in the 80's for converting 2 Britains, but very little was usable as the skid units are very different, so don't waste your money as they will be even less suitable for 1/43. Several people ask for them for Britains & I always recommend they sell the 2 Britains and have money left when they then buy the real McCoy SCALEdown...... you Know it makes sense! :) Let's face it a cobbled together conversion is not going to be worth much.

It's about 7 months overdue & will come out as a ROADLESS Ploughmaster 65 first (for which I have permission).

Evening Nigel ,good news to hear re the Roadless .Whilst we are on the subject of permission how do the likes of me stand building these conversions ?Does it depend on whether you are building to sell or for personal collections ?

I bought a set of the turntable back in the 80's for converting 2 Britains, but very little was usable as the skid units are very different, so don't waste your money as they will be even less suitable for 1/43. Several people ask for them for Britains & I always recommend they sell the 2 Britains and have money left when they then buy the real McCoy SCALEdown...... you Know it makes sense! :) Let's face it a cobbled together conversion is not going to be worth much.

Back to those Doe turntables - i was proposing to modify them for the britains but scratch build in the appropriate scale equivalents for the other skids.

I have a doe scaledown kit, could scan and email instructions if the pics might help??

Have a few kits that i haven't had time to build:

Fordson power major

Threshing mill

Doe

built not painted - Fergson trailer need a back door NIGEL FORD any help on that one??

3 Furrow plough

Built and sold-  massey 65 

Fordson E27N

I have a doe scaledown kit, could scan and email instructions if the pics might help??

Fordson power major

Threshing mill

Doe

built not painted - Fergson trailer need a back door NIGEL FORD any help on that one??

3 Furrow plough

Built and sold- massey 65

Fordson E27N

Ricky - would very much appreciate it mate , yes please.

How do you find building the kits?

Fordson power major

Threshing mill

Doe

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?3 Furrow plough

Built and sold-? massey 65?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Fordson E27N

Sorry about the missing tailgate,  there were a few got sent out similarly. I'll send you one just as soon as I know where to?

I'll get them scanned tomorrow for you and get them posted fopefully they'll be usefull

Nigel, i'l pay u for it, it did come with it but one of the hinges broke off when i took it out of the box grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

pm me with a price

i've sent u my address