What's this contracption at Dyce

BC

I was off last Monday and when I came into work I was met with this contracption lit up in our yard next to the main Halliburton House car park.

26032010015.jpg

Now can anyone tell me what the red thing is......the tower not the nice new RS4 Avante ;D ;D

26032010018.jpg

26032010017.jpg

99% certain it is the latest version or a variant of a Halliburton workover rig.

Workover rigs are lighter than dill rigs and are used for servicing and maintaining existing wells, hence are lighter and have a degree of portability.

http://www.halliburton.com/ps/Default.aspx?navid=123&pageid=1232&folderid=MSE%3a%3a1045229747050391&prodid=PRN%3a%3aIXCZ7O4VY

(Worked with Dow Schlumberger during my time offshore who are Halliburton's main competitors...)

Well not exactly Joe but it is used after the drilling one. It is so high our company have to get permission from the airport to erect it It will be built up probably to show customers before it is dismantled and used on its next job.

99% certain it is the latest version or a variant of a Halliburton workover rig.

Workover rigs are lighter that dill rigs and are used for servicing and maintaining existing wells, hence are lighter and have a degree of portability.

http://www.halliburton.com/ps/Default.aspx?navid=123&pageid=1232&folderid=MSE%3a%3a1045229747050391&prodid=PRN%3a%3aIXCZ7O4VY

(Worked with Dow Schlumberger during my time offshore who are Halliburton's main competitors...)

Spot on its a completions workover rig.

Well not exactly Joe but it is used after the drilling one. It is so high our company have to get permission from the airport to erect it It will be built up probably to show customers before it is dismantled and used on its next job.

Well just to clarify Joe it could be built up on a rig. Someone like Rob a member on here will know more about it. I mean I only work here and I'm only a humble bean counter ;)

Oh and when I came in today I see it had been dismantled over the weekend so hopefully that is it ready to go and earn some money so we can get a pay rise ;D ;D

I have just found that the workover unit in question is on it way to Poole in Dorset to be used on a land location. Around a dozen artics required to move it.

Another one is being built up today on it second section.