1/72 Scale conversions

Anyone doing anything in this scale ?

or collect them, i have  a few :-

by Moko lesney - Fordson, Matchbox Fords and MbTrac and Britains Liliput Fordson  and a couple of Ertl's so far - Ford Tw20series i think.

and some dozers?

Certainly doesnt cost the earth to get a collection like this going.

I've got the lilliput Fordson Major as well only cos it's Britains and the only small one they did unboxed though but its not one of my favourites despite the model of the tractor and being 50 years old, they sell? for about 15 quid unboxed i think at the minute but there too small for my liking.

Hey dont knock em steve , many good things come in small packages not just my wedding tackle!!

There are plenty of modellers that work on stuff a lot smaller - 1/72 is quite a popular military scale for instance, not for me though .

Although building and? flying airfix aeroplanes when on fire was fun when we were kids though!!

I digress...........

Converting them would be difficult in every sense other than colour variations unless someone knows different ???

Any way these arent mine as i dont have any photographed? but they? give you a flavour..................

so much for the ?15 price tag for the britains liliput -? one is on Ebay at moment boxed and is doing ?40 a good investment i think

I think you would agree they have a charm all of  their own especially the earlier models - even the packaging was nice.

I tend to collect all die cast if its early but especially Farm and Construction - all i pick up from Boot sales for pence.

I once bought at a local charity fair 6 boxed Moko Lesney originals circa 1953 MIMB - all for ?6 - i made a killing 1 fetched ?48 on its own. Sadly that was a road roller that i wanted to keep but my partner wanted the money for it = they dont understand do they.

Some of my earliest conversions, in the mid eighties were on these. I repainted the 3000 in Highway yellow wth tractor grip rubber tyres on better rear wheels & painted in the black FORD letters along the tank sides. Another was the 6600 with the silver exhaust added, better rear wheels (off the Husky Volvo,I seem to remember) repainted Ford Tractor Blue/Grey, again with better tyres. Buried in the collection room somewhere!

Some of my earliest conversions, in the mid eighties were on these. I repainted the 3000 in Highway yellow wth tractor grip rubber tyres on better rear wheels & painted in the black FORD letters along the tank sides. Another was the 6600 with the silver exhaust added, better rear wheels (off the Husky Volvo,I seem to remember) repainted Ford Tractor Blue/Grey, again with better tyres. Buried in the collection room somewhere!

Alot of mine were buried in our back garden along with the soldier in their graves !!! --- shame

Now were cooking on gas !!!