Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show - Penrith - Sunday 21st Nov 2010

BC

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like there will be a few FTF members there.

Good old Brian and Ann Holmes. Andy Ingram and myself were talking to them at the end of the show last year and he was saying they used to deal in ponies etc and bought from someone up in the Aberdeenshire area, In addition he told me about a model collector in Banchory which is only 5 files from me but I have not as yet fallen in with the chap.

Small small world really. I expect Brian and Ann will be up to Lanark in a few weeks time as well.

It's not a huge one Paul but nice and is in a good location mid country and there are quite of few of the Scottish contingent planning on attending. Be nice to meet up with you if you decide to come, I assume you have Harold Powlton's contact number ??? ???

It is getting bigger though, the halls were fairly full last year and already this year there are a few extras planning on attending with stalls so it promises to be a good one ;) ;) ;) ;)

There is also a lot to do for the non tractor fans with the Lakeland Visitor Centre under the same roof.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I hope so too Rob. I think numbers could have been down last year due to the severe flooding in the Cockermouth area.

we came from kendal (south of penrith) and there was a caravan site which had been completly destroyed!

but i will be going up for definate :D

so i hope to catch up with evryone thats going  :)

Well I'm booked in there as well for the the Saturday and Sunday at £ 19 a night. I prefer that one since it has a Mark's and Spencer shop instead of the fast food joint at the one beside the centre.

Well done Andy that's even better. I booked up way back in March when I got confirmation from Damian and Hazel of the date of the show from Harold.

Shame there is not a bar there either or we could have had a 1/2 pint shandy on the Saturday night ;D ;D