Veenhuis VVT 600

Finlay i got some time to do some model building. it's getting pretty busy again at work now the weather is getting a lot better.

I started up a new project Monday, yes why not? A nother Veenhuis  ;D This is a very rare model Veenhuis. There was only one build back in the 90'ies, Nobody knows if the machine is still running ore if it ended up someware on a junkyard. Its a 5 wheel "trike" style self propelled slurry tanker. It has a capacity of 19.000L

a photo of the real machine, what a beast  8)  :

vvt600.jpg

And this is 4 days of work: Like all my models the model will be build out of PVC and poly. The cab is from the VVT 400-4. only on there for the photo. Need to make some new stairs to the cab. These are a bit to big.

dsc00566.jpg

dsc00565f.jpg

dsc00566.jpg

Hi Catkom3

I know about those PMA tires. That PMA tire is the newer style 1050 tire. this machine was build in the 90's. the robert peters tires looks a bit meer like the ones on the photo i gues. What does the rest think about it? PMA ore Robert Peters tires ???

Thanks Tris

I don't know about a diorama. No doubt, it looks awesome together with self build models. But i just don't have the time and space to build a diorama. I rather spend my time building models than a diorama. Maybe sothing for the future  ;)

Need to build a new oil cooler behind the steps to. This one is way to small, i hate doing stuff twice  >:(

Savage amount was it sold to a contractor or what??

I don't know that. The machine was just to big for the small Dutch fields at the the time. No one i spoke knows what happend to this machine after it left the VVT factory. It could well be that VVT saw the problems with the (to) big VVT 600 and made it into a VVT 300 and sold again as a "new" machine. but thank again, it could all so ended up at a scrap heap and stripped for its parts. The only thing i know is that's its a killer machine  8)

the smaller, 3 wheeled VVT 300:

vvt300.jpg

• 3 weeks later...