Fields of gold

FNHIR

Question

14 answers to this question

Nice one Barry, cheers, do I cut it then to get the effect of a cut field?

use the mat as a standing crop , but use some coconut matting & pull apart for cut swaths as coir matting is a reall bugger to try to cut to use as straw  :(

yeah coir matting, got both mine from ebay, 13mm for cut stuff, then 23? or 30 can't remember for the uncut stuff, its not cheap for the thicker stuff, but it does work well, and bonus for you, cut sissal rope for the straw out the back

startingout.jpg

Near perfect Sean 8) , but am I alone in thinking the sissal straw stalks are a shade too pale?

::) ::)::)  prehaps mine was 17mm, i know the uncut stuffs the 30mm for sure(page 2) will have a check when i get home

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=coir+matting&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Thanks TM,

there was one shop that had 13 and 28mm and it looked perfect, but when I went to order I was told they were in liquidation!

theres a 30mm on the second page, thats the uncut one i use, just checked mine and it is 13mm, but its a couple of years old now so maybe its been swapped

one tip try B&Q also, they did do a lovley 1.5 m x 1 m roll of it for 20 quid the 13 or 17 mm one never seen the thicker one