Making a tractor look muddy

Mike R

Question

8 answers to this question

You can try this Mike

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/detail.aspx?ID=3282

The maker of this product also sculpts for Britains (toy soldiers) He is an excellent craftsman and his products are superb !!!!

Not sure if they have a UK stockist but treefrog are a joy to deal with. I can check for availability in the UK if you wish.

i have to say for what dave charges if you supply the tractor i would go to him for any weathering, but a good few have done it them selfs to with the tramiya weathering kits you can buy, most good model shops sell those, or ebay, they are a sort of crayon type thing to use, i bought a few a while back 

:of  I'm the god of filth :P  Had to laugh, thanks for the compliments chaps....I just have a dirty mind

If you wish Mike (kentman) send me a pm of what your after and maybe we can sort something out.

But if you do want to have a go a few people have had good results with the Tamiya mud type paint, but I have never used it myself so I can't realy say how good it is.

Also you can play with MIG powders. there range just keeps getting better.

I am a little garded about the method I use, One reason is that it is very very toxic at the application stage, I wear a full resperator etc, But its fine once set. Also so far It keeps me busy in the quiet times if you know what I'm saying ::);D .

Dave