fertilizer bag lifter

been to local farm sale and bought this fert spreader ,got some of lying feilds to do thought might be handy

DSCF4594.jpg

DSCF4592.jpg

DSCF4593.jpg

DSCF4595.jpg

not sure if they are very popular in other areas but see a lot on dairy farms up this way

thanks john i had the arm left over ,and was wondering how to use it ,i did cut the base of the arm of and ground the end arm out so hook will come right back to load spreader ,used a small peice of plasitc and used resin glue to fix on john ,it seems to work ok , do you use this system

No Graham,......we use the JCB loadall system.... 8) ,.......we have a kuhn spreader and they WILL NOT warrant the machine if a crane is fitted... :(

Plumpton college wanted a Kuhn but use a crane so they had to get a KRM spreader instead.Several farms around us have cranes fitted though... ;)

Don't see as many around as I used to Graham but they are still in use with some farmers. Seem silly not to be more popular really as they do save a machine and in some cases a second man. Nice addition to the machinery line up buddy  :) :)

why does it bugger the warrenty up then?? sure i saw one last year where the hoist was 3 point mounted, then the spreader mounted to the crain  via a frame, i asumed they were all like that, do see the occasional one arround but most are telehandler/ loader filled that i see 

nice build usually the ones ive seen have 2 stage arms so it can reach onto a trailer and the hook is just free to swing

still a fair few of these around our way mostly people that have broken up blocks of land

why does it bugger the warrenty up then?? sure i saw one last year where the hoist was 3 point mounted, then the spreader mounted to the crain  via a frame, i asumed they were all like that, do see the occasional one arround but most are telehandler/ loader filled that i see 

with the massive lift capacity of tractors these days Sean, there are many of the big arable boys who fill the spreader up with say 5 bags or more (thats 3 ton plus), then put another couple on top with the crane, to save a bit of time.

These extra couple of bags are the problem, putting the machine beyond its designed capacity.Most people around us here that have cranes fitted have adopted this system,....saving them a bit of time.  ;)

i only know of two that have cranes but havent seen them for ages (8 wheeler only farms ) the system works for them simply because they are a two tractor farms ,  scraper tractor & main tractor with a loader which obviously cant load it's self  :)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...