silage is on

Tractorman810

well as the title says on the way back from kingsbridge today, across the other side of the valley from the main road i saw a nh?? and trailed mower cutting away in a large field, and in the field next to it was sat 3 silage trailers and a rake, so i guess they will be on pick up soon if its sat ready, anyone else close to go?? does seem a bit early to me to be honest, even for down this way

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firewood chap went on last week in Italian Ryegrass, a new ley. He had the new BR7070 out to try out.  I'm hoping to be buckraking towards the end of the third week of May. A week or two later than the norm.

ive seena few guys out mowing not to far from me and ive seen lots of slage equipment out on the roads, so its on round here. we are not starting at poplars till july and we are only doing 70 acres as we are doing 60 acres of maise

Dunno where u lot all get the grass, If anyone up here cuts they'll be lookin very stupid, nothin but lawn clippings here

Same up here Ricky - it'll be a month yet.  :)

after the cold snap we had a good warm and wet spell, which made the green stuff rocket this way, weathers been great for a good few weeks now so its really shot up ,thought it was a bit early to be honest but clearly not

after the cold snap we had a good warm and wet spell, which made the green stuff rocket this way, weathers been great for a good few weeks now so its really shot up ,thought it was a bit early to be honest but clearly not

likewise

grass is ready to cut getting a decent crop so whats the big deal with it?

You're right. If it's fit to cut there is no point leaving it. Although I do have to say, if there's a wet spot. . . . . Go round it! :D

The warm weather lasted too long here but we had a bit more rain over the weekend so that may have compensated for the dry period. New Class 2800 rake in the yard as of today, time is ticking!