silage is on

Tractorman810

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wont be cutting until after the weekend,...........had a good walk round the fields and I reckon we will be 30 to 40 percent short,.......everyones in the same boat in this area. A neighbour up the road from us done his first cut at the weekend and last year off the same acreage he got 105 loads,..........this year he got 49.

Worrying isn't it........... :of

Wont be cutting until after the weekend,...........had a good walk round the fields and I reckon we will be 30 to 40 percent short,.......everyones in the same boat in this area. A neighbour up the road from us done his first cut at the weekend and last year off the same acreage he got 105 loads,..........this year he got 49.

Worrying isn't it........... :of

Funny that, it seems cornwall is the only place with a descent crop of grass!

When i was out on monday had 5 trailers hauling from a john deere 7400 chopper hauling not far was a very heavy crop  :of

Funny that, it seems cornwall is the only place with a descent crop of grass!

When i was out on monday had 5 trailers hauling from a john deere 7400 chopper hauling not far was a very heavy crop  :of

All thanks to the Liquid Sunshine we get plenty of here in Kernow  ;):laugh:

think thats more the case mark, i was amazed how quickly the grass shot up after a few days of rain, followed by that nice spell we had,

if you are that far back on the load count and have to wait unkel does that mean you may only get one cut in this year???? but a good one, i know they usally get 2 a year ,have seen 3 one or two years where the weathers been good

just hope the weather comes right later on Sean,...we need the two cuts.Just hope we soon get some warmer weather and rain before too long because the barley is well out in ear and the rape has finished flowering and podding up (not as good as last year)

I have never seen cracks in the ground in the arable crops this early in the year,......you can get your hand down some of them.

I expect that when the rain comes it wont stop for a month.............. ;)

Started a farm today that dosed up the Nitrogen for a heavy first and only cut. Nitrogen levels and thus the yield is low so either a second cut or a few bales will be made later in the year. He didn't really want to open the clamp again as it does effect the quality but he thinks he may not have an option. Grass this year could really do with spreading out for a day to wilt, it just doesn't seem to want to at the moment.

Boys that sounds like our season, yields well down and to dry, funny how your busy starting silage as im cleaning down all our gear for the winter, 4 days on 2 choppers, cant wait till im done