CASTLE FRASER STEAM FAIR - 19 & 20 JUNE 2010

BC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart was later in getting back over with the leyland Beaver which he piggy backed on the trailer behing the Scania 142. I had a shottie of the 142 from the loading area to the commercial display area but never got above 3rd gear but she sounds good with the V8 growl ;) ;)

19062010123.jpg

19062010124.jpg

Some nice pictures there Bill.

I take it the volvo with the scottish and Irish flags on it is the dreelans lorry?

Looks like a great day.

Thanks Rob.

The N reg FH12 is yes Mikes no 2 Volvo. No 3 is a R Reg F88 if I recall correctly.

Didn't you spot his number one Volvo this new 700 HP one ??? ???

19062010042.jpg

20062010013.jpg

Runs private on a £ 165 tax disc. I was speaking to Stevie one of his workers an helpers and drivers and he said he had taken Dolphin over to Castle Fraser from Blairs. You will probably know the road from Peterculter to Westhill ??? ??? ... well Stevie was saying that the new Volvo was romping up through the gears in the automatic box whilst climbing up Malcolm road  ;) ;)

Seriously a big boys toy

20062010016.jpg

;) Smashing pictures Bill,any idea what the "pylon" is for on the mini steam engine in reply 21,the red lead one  :-\

Regards

Joe,

Cheers Joe it was a dry day not much sun been very cold on the Saturday. Sunday was much nicer and warmer and buzzing with spectators

This one I suspect its a crane maybe for lifting logs on to wood bogie's or maybe for helping to erect fairground rides such as the Gallaper ride :-\ :-\

19062010065.jpg

Great pictures.

Looks like an early Duncan cab on the 135 reg CSA677C, is the roof original?

Also a Dexta reg CSA627C, how often do two tractors registered so close get onto the same rally field.

I suspect it is an early version of a duncan cab maybe even one modified from the MF35 ones...I don't know...but yes I think the roof has been a home made one and not original.

Joe see also the extension for the foot throttle ;) ;)

I had never noticed the closeness of the reg numbers but SA is an Aberdeenshire number. My 1957 Nuffield DM4 is OSA 181.

19062010107.jpg

19062010116.jpg

some lovely pictures of some nice machinery there Bill... looks like old PDC has competition from the guy with the King low loader.. he's even built an extension on his to the front go give him a few more inches of load space  :of:D :D

Yes Mark...I'm sure Paul would have been proud of a load like that. I just sad I did not get a photo with all three exhibits on board :-[

19062010061.jpg

>:( >:(>:(  I am sure it is great pictures as useall, but there is nno pictures i the topic. What have you done Bill? I think it had bee a greeat show, shame U couldnt be there

It was a good show Erik. I'm not sure why you can't see the pictures though :-\ :-\

Although I did not have my tractor I got to parade this 1954 Albion FT31 which Farmall M on the back which is owned by my friend Stuart but its in his son Lewis's name. Lewis is only 9 so can't quite drive it.

19062010075.jpg

Lewis managed the dodgems though ;) ;)

20062010036.jpg

And another wee video

th_20062010041.jpg