Corrugated roof materials at last!

smallclaas

Question

Just got these sheets of Corugated material today not bad at ?1.75 for a 2X1foot sheet. available in several colours and just the right scale for 1/32 modelling. Only downside it's made from card. But it'll be great for cladding buildings. If anyone wants some it's available in most artist supply shops.

post-77-132638504687_thumb.jpg

24 answers to this question

smallclaas, is there any reference on it??. ???

i have a role of corrugated card i was going to use last year but its still wrapped up. Marky, we will use it on that first shed of yours! ;):D :D :D

;) - Where can I get some of that flatter roofing sheet I saw on here the other day  ??? - Can't find the post but I think it was Tris  ???

;) - Where can I get some of that flatter roofing sheet I saw on here the other day? ??? - Can't find the post but I think it was Tris? ???

EMA i think, i'll bring the catalogue / price guide over next time

Oooh thats handy Smallclaas, cheers, I look out for that. Does it bend lengthways ok? . . . .. thinking along the lines of a dutch barn see!!

Yes Deere-est it will def do a Dutch Barn,

As for a ref on it FB sorry no, just a small sticker saying green! helpful or what! got some more today.

I have tried the card route out once ?looks great ? but once its built lock it in a glass case and look at it

My reason for this is don't make a scale replica with this roof as if you drop sumut on it that's the end if it ?unless you just cover it again

I am not saying this to put you off using it ?I am saying it so as you don't make a masterpiece and be gutted when it ripps or dents

as for making a dutch barn type foof out of corry card ? ? Try gluing it to some thin ply eg 1/64in then mould this round some formers and glue strongly

for added protection  you could allways try coating it with some matt polyurathane varnish a few times  to stiffen it up considerably

I look forwards to seeing your results smallclaas with interest

;) - Where can I get some of that flatter roofing sheet I saw on here the other day? ??? - Can't find the post but I think it was Tris? ???

Go to Conversion section, there is a post under Hints an Tips - Model parts and their part numbers.