My first scratch built model

Hey I'm new to the forum, some of the older members will know my boyfriend Ol (Light Land).

My Favorite Tractors are New Holland, being a city chick I dont drive tractors unless I'm near Ol. I've driven a New Holland TVT190, John Deere 6220 and a MF 165.

I like the gear box in the NH better than the others.

I've watched Ol making models for ages and decided to give it a go. He sugested I start out with something easy so I made a small trailer. Ol helped me with the chassie and painting but the rest is my own work  ;D Here are a few pictures of my first creation on the back of one of Ol's tractors. 

post-2797-132639357215_thumb.jpg

post-2797-132639357311_thumb.jpg

Bleedin' 'ell!! What a stunner. . .

Anyway back to the trailer, before Ol stands on me! :D

Nice work, looks like a handy little trailer for carting a few bags of seed around, or some hay out to the winter cattle. If Ol is helping you it won't be long before you'll be making a cultivation train or an irragation set! (While he sits out on the sun deck with a cold one! :D )

can't possibly say anything bad about a guy woman  8)  that loves NH and makes a very tidy trailer like that from scratch! Love the wooden bed of the trailer!

now if you'll excuse me, gotta show my g/f this, so she can start making the complete New Holland foragers series for me from scratch.. ;D ;D ;D

Smart job (and 10/10 for having a go - I really haven't been brave enough to try scratchbuilding yet :-[ ) - can't wait to see what's next :)

ps... such a good job in fact (especially towed by a Massey :) ) I'll let you off the fact you like blue tractors best ;);D ;D

Nice work, looks like a handy little trailer for carting a few bags of seed around, or some hay out to the winter cattle. If Ol is helping you it won't be long before you'll be making a cultivation train or an irragation set! (While he sits out on the sun deck with a cold one! :D )

Tris you beat me too it!

cracking photo's.....and the scratch build is bloody good aswell!

Well done Dewdene - that's amazing!

It's great to share a hobby with your partner - mine is a surfin dude, I like watching but could never join in! However, we both like wildlife so we both do that together.  :)

Thanks, I must admit that I was guided through the build and didnt fully do it on my own. I watched for a while and so decided to give it a go. Heaps of thought goes into it - can so appreciate what he does now.

bloody hell very nice .. oh and the trailer.. and you like tractors  ..its like winning the lottery... my missis hates my hobby

Thought i'd give it a go and turns out I really enjoy it.

Tris you beat me too it!

cracking photo's.....and the scratch build is bloody good aswell!

Yeah I take better photos than Olly does.

very nice build

Thank you guys.

can't possibly say anything bad about a guy woman  8)  that loves NH and makes a very tidy trailer like that from scratch! Love the wooden bed of the trailer!

now if you'll excuse me, gotta show my g/f this, so she can start making the complete New Holland foragers series for me from scratch.. ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like a good idea. However not all men are as lucky as Ol, haha

thats a tidy build for a first attempt i must say, as tris said, wont be long before ol has you building all his bits now just you wait and see

I do find myself going into all the Auckland hobbie stores now, crazy hey...

;) I've already planned what my next build is going to be - unfortunately it will be a while until it gets done yet. But will surely post up the photos when Im done. Thinking of making a silage wagon for feeding out. (Thanks for the comment)  :laugh:

thats dam good for a first atemt!  ;) i could give you a job making my trailers  ;D

Looks a good build does that and for a first attempt as well keep up the good work :D :D :D

Regards Nick

Thanks

Smart job (and 10/10 for having a go - I really haven't been brave enough to try scratchbuilding yet :-[ ) - can't wait to see what's next :)

ps... such a good job in fact (especially towed by a Massey :) ) I'll let you off the fact you like blue tractors best ;);D ;D

Thanks, Be a while till the next one but it was cool giving it a go. Look forward to seeing what you do.

Welcome to FTF. You have made there a good looking trailer.

Now we know where Ol get his skills from :D

Texas

Hehe,

I wish I could say that was true. I did most of the work but the instructions of construction, and some smaller tidying up was Ol's good eye for detail.

Do hope to do the next one all on my own. Well with some guidance as to how to fix mistakes  :P  as im sure they will happen.

Wel, well I just saw this post. That is one nice looking trailer you built yourself.

You say you are a city girl but I can certainly see some farming enthusiasm there. By the way you should try a Fendt once there is nothing that can beat a Vario Trani....... I used to be a Blue fan as well, hence my love for the old Fords, but Fendt is now my favorite. Although I must admit that one day I will buy myself a Ford 7600 or smoething along those lines for my real life Farm. Currently I own a Fendt and a Valtra.

Wel, well I just saw this post. That is one nice looking trailer you built yourself.

You say you are a city girl but I can certainly see some farming enthusiasm there. By the way you should try a Fendt once there is nothing that can beat a Vario Trani....... I used to be a Blue fan as well, hence my love for the old Fords, but Fendt is now my favorite. Although I must admit that one day I will buy myself a Ford 7600 or smoething along those lines for my real life Farm. Currently I own a Fendt and a Valtra.

Thanks  :D

Yes there is farming enthusiasim - thanks to Ol. Who knows this may be a secret hidden talent that I never knew about...

Spoke to Ol about your Valtra and he says they are pretty good. Sounds like you got the good stuff for your farm then.

Thanks for the comment on the trailer, not bad for the first one. Already planning the next build with Ol.