Britains 5110 - Special Promo Tractor?

Andy

Many of you have probably seen this on ebay at the moment, but was just curious to know if this an actual Britains model. I had no idea they had produced such models if it is true.

The only special promo model I can think of is the MB Trac.

If any of you have information on this, would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=741&item=6963204166&rd=1

As far as I know these models were made in the Ford factory in Basildon or Antwerp by the apprentices and given to the person who bought the tractor during Ford's Jubilee - it has the actual tractor index plates on it.  -  I have one with an Irish plates on it and it cost me ?50 many years ago. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to dig up this post again but ploughmaster says that everyone who bought a Ford in 1989 was given an exact replica of their tractor. Personally I dont think this is exactly accurate as any of these models that I have seen have been of a super-Q tractor of approximately '4 cylinder' dimensions. I have never seen any AP cabbed ones or small ones like 3610s and the like. I reckon myself that all the models were the same except for the unique registration number engraved on each. Anyone else have any more thoughts?

8)

Some of them got out to the model tractor trade without reg.nos. I have one like that & one with a local reg. no. that I found by chance when I took some things down to the local auction rooms for mother when my parents got out of the farmhouse in '99. While I was waiting for them to book the items in I had a look round & saw one with some other items of no interest.Went back to auction,bought the lot concerned & left the remainder for the next auction-result:model cost me ?22!!

As Ploughmaster said i don't know the maker of these models but the most common one is the

ford 7810. But there is 2wd and AP cab models as i have had and seen them and there is also tw tractors as well as in the photo of which i have is a TW35 the scale of these is around 1/43 approx or a little smaller hope this helps.? mf135

post-237-132638487728_thumb.jpg