Deeside steam & vintage club rally - Milton of Crathes 21/22 August 2010

BC

At around 2.30 in the afternoon the heavens opened and it was heavy rain for at least half and hour. This lead to the rally being closed early so we never did get our tractor parade at 15.45 as scheduled. I was parked on grass on a brae beside Cooks Foden and low loader and did not think I would get traction to go forward with empty trailer behind. But I did and was on the move and looking for hard standing outside for loading up. As luck would have it Gary Thompson pulled out with Nicol's Magnum and low loader form the right of the road beside the main gate to reverse back into  collect the Grampian Transports steam wagon. As Gary pulled out I slipped into his slot....what a stroke of luck ;D ;D

Car and trailer not really messed up and tractor tyres not too bad but will take out and give her a good wash today before laying past for the winter.

It just looked the same place to me when I saw the photo on Sunday Joe and I had a walk down the Glebe after tea tonight. What I can't work out what was an artic unit doing down there.

P reg must be circa 1975  and now it is 35 years on...I'm surprised no one in the company remembers who drove that lorry.

Ronnie the rocket who now drives for my pal Stuart used to be the low loader man for Abbie Mac a long long time ago so I'll try him with the photo. In addition another Drumoak chap Sandy Kidd is a mechanic with them but also drives some of the present day low loaders as and when required.

;) Well,the load on the back is an NCK C60 , 60 ton crawler crane,so presumably,it would have been used to erect something further up that wee road,I'm guessing that's as far as they could reverse it,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks for the info on the load Joe. They would have been going forward since that road leads from the main road to the river Dee but I can't now think what a crane of that size was used for so maybe its not the same place after all :-\ :-\