New CLAAS Lexion combines for 2011

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I have heard from my sources it will loko something like this with models inbetween, e.g. 740, 750, 760 and 770

700 Series: Rotary Lexions

600 Series: 6 Straw Walker Lexions

500 Series: 5 Straw Walker Lexions

400 Series: Big Tucano's

300 Series: Small Tucano's

200 Series: Avero

So it is a re numbering than new models...... and so nothing new or bigger....

Jez

8)

And here's a 770 dressed up for the Colonies... Interesting the 750 has 40kph stickers on it, presumably it can nip along at 40kph on the roads then?

Maybe in the prairies but I doubt it here Malc. We have to restrict combines because of the noise, size and braking ability at 40kph. I would be very suprised to see a combine in Europe doing 40kph. Maximum 30kph.

Jez

8)

Maybe in the prairies but I doubt it here Malc. We have to restrict combines because of the noise, size and braking ability at 40kph. I would be very suprised to see a combine in Europe doing 40kph. Maximum 30kph.

Jez

8)

Then why the '40' signs where the '30' ones used to be I wonder?? And if you look at the Claas web site, a demand for increased transport speed is explicitly mentioned.

Prepare to be surprised then, perhaps??  ;)

/m.

Then why the '40' signs where the '30' ones used to be I wonder?? And if you look at the Claas web site, a demand for increased transport speed is explicitly mentioned.

Prepare to be surprised then, perhaps??  ;)

/m.

Like I say:

"Maybe in the prairies but I doubt it here Malc."

Honest, braking 16 or so tonne at 40 kph would be hard.....

::)  No, you're right - stopping a whole 16 tonnes at a hair raising 40kph, how could that possibly ever be achieved...

/m.

Slight difference between trucks and combines but I guess time will tell....... As i also said there is an issue of noise and size doing that speed in this country that MAYBE doesn't effect North America......

i sure as hell wouldnt want to meet that doig 40k down a country lane, thats way wider than a truck, and a lot bigger all round bar its length, sometimes people just have to decide enoughs enough on performace things, hell they are getting that big they wont be able to fit on the roads much longer anyway, well down this way

Bloody good job if you're behind it mind. Our TX34 does 24.5kph!! Combines are travelling further as their capacity grow with their owners reaching out further for land. I can't see a problem with a combine doing 40kph. As is always the case, it's the driver who makes the difference. It will be perfectly safe in the right hands, as always due to rubbish licencing laws this can't be a garuntee!

You think that's wide, imagine if it were on 600's!!

Are Claas now marketed in the USA under their own right, since the CAT, Claas, Agco, Challenger shake up?

When Agco took on the challenger line Claas emphasised the Lexion name with a Cat badge to signify the engine and they used the Claas Omaha name to show the combines are assembled in the states.. Looks like the new ones are under the Claas name

Claas were on their own from the moment Agco put their nose in.

The present Lexions are shown here:

http://www.claas.com/omaha/generator/cl-pw/us/products/start,lang=en_US-OMAHA.html

Lots of Cat dealers named as Lexion dealers but how many push the Claas Lexions I have no idea.

When Agco took on the challenger line Claas emphasised the Lexion name with a Cat badge to signify the engine and they used the Claas Omaha name to show the combines are assembled in the states.. Looks like the new ones are under the Claas name

Claas were on their own from the moment Agco put their nose in.

The present Lexions are shown here:

http://www.claas.com/omaha/generator/cl-pw/us/products/start,lang=en_US-OMAHA.html

Lots of Cat dealers named as Lexion dealers but how many push the Claas Lexions I have no idea.

I knew the history of the brand changing and so on but not what the current position is. So now, Lexion carries the Cat colours and is offered for sale by Cat dealers as it used to be, only now with the Claas name and not the Cat name. So the photos of the green and grey Claas combines we are seeing must be of European origin and probably destination too - so Malcy is probably right, 40kph. They all have the sticker on, maybe it will be an option, maybe it will be standard? While I think it is a good idea, I do believe rear wheel braking should have been stipulated for a machine of this size. Just goes to show the lack of knowledge in the vehicle governing bodies over agricultural vehicles, the design, development and capabilities and how basically anything can be 'legal'.

Be suprised men, the next lexion is indeed offered as 30kph standard on all models, with a 40kph terra trac option, just been reading about it in the farmers weekly there. All you questions should be answered in that article. With 578hp id say a 40kph option will be very welcomed to keep productivity up and diesel down.I do wonder if they will have braking problems, overheating and the likes but then again you dont let a 16year old eeijit out on a £200k+ machine

Well least these new models confirm that claas really are the leaders in Combines when comes to output, comfort, technologie and dealer back-up pity 770 hasn't any massive difference over a 600 but then no-one can keep up with one anyway.  We've tried everyone and 600 was still ahead of all