here is some tractors that iv restorded.majors gerys masseys.............,

cyrilhanna

now if any body knows a 121 is just a straight six!!!!! at some point in time she has been fitted with a 141 turbo which means for me is the pipe coming out of the turbo is going up true the edge of the bonnet......01022010283.jpg the string that u can see is where the bonnet shold be....a 141 has a lot wider front end on them so not a problem on them.....01022010285.jpg02022010286.jpgnow its the shape a want it now two grind it smooth..

Edited by cyrilhanna

What fantastic work you do. The paint finish is much better than original. I used to restore cars and know just how time consuming this sort of work can be. How the hell do you price a job like a tractor restoration. I've always fancied restoring tractors, thinking it would be easier and probably more rewarding than doing cars. The thing that stopped me was firstly pricing a job and secondly whether people would be prepared to pay the true value of the time it would take. I could never justify the time it took on some of the jobs I did, and often there were long delays in getting parts; particularly researching and finding the correct materials for interior work. That took up valuable workshop space. Space I didn't have!

Congratulations on your excellent work. It's great to see someone making a living for doing something they really enjoy. ;)

• Like 1

Thank very much - I've always been interested in tractors having been brought up on a farm. Unfortunately its almost impossible to give an accurate estimate though I do try. I always explain that I record my hours and charge by the hour.Cyril Hanna Accident Repair And Classic Restoration this is my web site

Edited by cyrilhanna

Just have had a look at all your tractors Cyril that you have worked on you have great hands and your work is great I would love you to do a few we jobs on my MF3085 cab :) Theres alot of work goes into painting that no one will ever see I see you go a few pictures of your MF 2680 :)

• Like 1

Well that's about all I have on the muir hill story. I lost some photos at the start which would of been nice to have to show what work was done. My customers get all the photos on a disk so they won't forget how much work was done to his tractor. As for getting parts, i prefer to work with Lloyd Loaders as they can get me a lot of orainal parts. All the bolts on this job were wire brushed down and re anodised. I think that's about it. If anybody wants to ask me a few questions fire away, lifting my next job during the week which is a Ford. I'm looking foward to making a start on it.

I have a web site on facebook you can look at to see what I'll be up to - Cyril Hanna Accident Repair And Classic Restoration

Just have had a look at all your tractors Cyril that you have worked on you have great hands and your work is great I would love you to do a few we jobs on my MF3085 cab :) Theres alot of work goes into painting that no one will ever see I see you go a few pictures of your MF 2680 :)

I'd be more than happy to look at your cab anytime. I've done and MF3095 before - really rusty doors on her but she turned out well. I can arrange transport if needed.

This is one of the best topics I have looked at on FTF this year Cyril. It is great to see a step by step restoration I know from restoring tractors myself there is a lot of time and work and money needed if you want to get things right. Its great to see a Muirhill as well since you don't see as many of them as the County's for instance which have a great following.

• Like 1

Oh my word I'm in love with the Muir Hil, probably in better nick than when it left the factory!! The level of time, effort, precision and skill on show is amazing. out of the interest did the owner put the Muir Hill back to work or keep it as a show piece? Were there any parts you could'nt get hold of and what manuals/information did you work from?

She is a showpiece at the minute and has been to a few vintage shows but more than likely she will be at the siliage next year as the owner is a farmer/contractor. One of my neighbours has a Muir Hill 121 so I used it as a basis for my research along with a few brochures . We were able to source most parts however some parts such as the body panels and window frames were fabricated on site by ourselves. Thanks. Take a look at our website on facebook to see what you think. Cyril Hanna Accident Repair And Classic Restoration

just had a look through all of this topic and am amazed at the skill and craftmanship you have carried out on these tractors. the muir hill looks an absolute stunner!! i have just built a scaledown model of a diesel fergie, and the instructions were a little hard to work out at times, but i got there in the end, if only i had looked at your fergie pics, i could have assembled it in front of the computer just by looking at your tractor. ;)