3D Printer

Andy

Question

14 answers to this question

Dont be fooled by the low price of the machine. I work for a company who manufacture these machines

www.mcortechnologies.com

and the ABS material is quite expensive $50 / Kg ex VAT and shipping and it does not go very far if a part is solid. Also the resolution on round features, (holes etc) is quite poor and it is very easy to break small features and for the most part you will have to do quite a bit of surface finishing to get a decent surface for paint.

A decent one is around £11000 but again the ABS is very expensive (2 to £300 per spool) with the same 0.254mm accuracy

Then for a very good one, £30000 - £40000, then for a machine like UH use £300'000 which is not a 3D printer but is called a rapid prototyper.

i could see this working like a pay per request system  :of

shame it couldent be like the forums in house printer but would that be viable and how much are we looking at per cast for things like bonnets or wheels ect as ive asked several people in this industry

of CAD ect and ive never got a straight answer which is frustrating to say the least  >:( >:(>:(

another thing is is there anyone who is a "dab hand" with working one to get a satisfactory result

desighning and printing to 1/32nd scale :-[

i could see this working like a pay per request system  :of

shame it couldent be like the forums in house printer but would that be viable and how much are we looking at per cast for things like bonnets or wheels ect as ive asked several people in this industry

of CAD ect and ive never got a straight answer which is frustrating to say the least  >:( >:(>:(

another thing is is there anyone who is a "dab hand" with working one to get a satisfactory result

desighning and printing to 1/32nd scale :-[

I sent a drawing of a bonnet for a tm190 to a company and they.said the price was 185 pounds.