tillage- brechin thursday 7th october

andrewstanford

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of finding a postcode of the Burgill Farm at Brechin Joe so I can do a multimap ??? ???  From me at AB31 5EG I suppose the most direct and scenic route would be up to Banchory and over the "Slug" road to Edzell.

If the weather is decent I may well take the day off in lieu of having to work Sunday. For working a Sunday we should really get two days off but the company I work for are tighter than a fisherman's arxe  when it comes to things like that >:( >:(

The weather certainly was good Andrew well sunny above but a tad muddy getting into the field. Shame we did not meet up but well it was on held over a few acres.

I was just having a coffee and a sandwich at lunchtime when a chap appeared shouting Bill....I'm Mart from FTF. What a pleasant surprise and good to meet up at last and have a chat Mart 8) 8)

I know what I'll be spending part of tomorrow doing

07102010118.jpg

The program for the show

07102010119.jpg

And what a winner from the SIMBA stand... a poly bag for my collection....well 4 actually :-[:-[

07102010120.jpg

Some brochures

MERLO

Mart was amazed to see a Merlo with a plough on it and another with a seeder

07102010121.jpg

SUMO

07102010122.jpg

SIMBA

07102010123.jpg

The only video I took of the event...mind you I'm away to load about 120 photos to PB :of :of :of

Hopefully Andrew will post up tonight and I can cover anything he hasn't tomorrow ;) ;)

th_07102010124.jpg

SIMBA

Well yes just a little bit John but the old girl will get a make over tomorrow since I have decided I'm going to take the day off as a holiday tomorrow after checking work email's of course.

I was going to power wash the car last night after being in Andy Ingram's field on Tuesday night but I thought why bother since I was sure it would be a bit dirty on a "stibble park"

The folk that were parking us would have been dangerous if they had had a brain or common sense.

They put us against the way the combine had been cutting... by the time I got parked up I was felling sea sick....mind you I suppose a old "sailor boy" like you would have weathered the storm no problem ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was very nice indeed Joe 8)

I set off at 6.45 am and went up to Banchory and headed to STRACHAN pronounced STRAWN and over the Cairn of Mount through Fettercairn and then Edzell to arrive at the event about one hour later after covering 31 miles with a stop at the "Fettery Shop" in Fettercairn for the local newspaper the press and Journal.

Went back home via the main dual carriage way from Brechin stopping off at a Model warehouse at Portlethen which I think I will need to revisit again shortly ;D ;D