Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show 2010

Andy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great so far coped with the sun better than i did  ;)  , how did you remeber all the names off the owners  :of

Thanks Taz, i'm using information from the program I bought.  ;)

Thanks David for all the photos. Not any DB 1412 either - the one and only prototype for the DB 1690!

Your welcome Colm, lots more photographs of several other rarities on the way. I was without phone line / internet yesterday, should have the rest up by tonight. :)

great great pictures mate

Thanks Erik, still have a few more to come. :)

Well David it looks a very good show and one I must try to attend some time the future. Som enice shots although it looked very packed which always make taking photos that more difficult. Like the French Farmall Cub and the poppy the the front grill was a nice touch for Rememberance day.

Thanks Bill, I found it quite surreal at times moving through each hall seeing them packed with many rare gems. A brilliant show despite the difficulty in getting decent clear photographs, lots more nice "nashes" on the way. :)

A fantastic show this year. Thank you David for the images. I managed to get a few early on the sunday before it opened which I will upload tomorrow.

Your welcome Andy, look forward to seeing your photographs too. If I attend next year i'm definitely going to make sure i'm there for the weekend and not just one day, given the amount of exhibits to take in. :)

There is quite a good thread over on BFF about the show, not only with pictures but also with some explanations about some of the DB models on display, one of the members was a judge at the show and he has brought up some little known interesting facts about some of the tractors.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=41560

Decent thread there Mike and a few tidy photographs too. :)

quote author=sparrow legs link=topic=32084.msg674458#msg674458 date=1289860447]

sorry if its already been posted but did anyone see the auction were a fordson major nose cone (orginal but warn) made £940 yes £940 plus buyes commison! there was the mud guards and bonnet too, in all the 3 parts made almost £3000 :of T&m took photos so watch out to see it printed in black and white!

Crikey that's some figure achieved Mike. :of  Will definitely have to keep an eye out for any magazine reports on the auction.

I would just love it if SCALEdown did one of these for a 5000 or an MF165 .. ..  :of :of :of

There was a lot of models on Phil's layout particularly the blue variety i'd rather like to have in my collection Tris, especially that 9600. :)

Another selection of tractors from the featured makes this year Case and David Brown.

Starting with Mike Patrick's wonderful 1913 Case 20-40.

DSC00883.jpg

Bernard Bell's 4890 Traction King makes for an impressive contrast.

DSC00884.jpg

Rupert Read's very original David Brown VAK 1C.

DSC00887.jpg

A selection of David Brown implements belonging to Doug Taylor.

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Tom Sayer's imported 1394 "Mudder."

DSC00888.jpg

Before moving onto the tractors contained both outside and inside the Friend's Of Ferguson Heritage marquee I found this rather smart looking Unimog and trailer combination in one of the unloading areas.

DSC00896.jpg

Followed by the "Fergies" starting with a forestry equipped FE-35.

DSC00897.jpg

1958 Massey Ferguson 30.

DSC00898.jpg

Narrow vineyard version of a 35.

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

Nice looking 2wd 2640.

DSC00901.jpg

Another unusual machine I'd heard of but never photographed before, the Calor Ranger.

DSC00903.jpg

Martin Foottit's immaculate grey and gold Ferguson.

DSC00904.jpg

A "grey fergy" aboard a Twose roller.

DSC00909.jpg

Industrial TEA and road brush attachment.

DSC00906.jpg

American Ferguson TD-30 based Michigan loading shovel which once belonged to Elvis Presley.

DSC00907.jpg

Massey Harris 720 seed drill.

DSC00913.jpg

After witnessing all of those red machines I headed over to the centre piece George Stephenson Hall to view the nominated and open entries. Starting with a selection of the John Deere tractors on show here.

1937 stream lined AOS.

DSC01029.jpg

Neil Green's 1950 AR.

DSC00943.jpg

Henry Dixon's stunning 730.

DSC00945.jpg

Ben Craig's equally impressive 4020.

DSC00975.jpg

It was great to be able to photograph one of these monsters too, a 7020 artic.

DSC00944.jpg

Very smart 1040.

DSC00971.jpg

However you didn't have to look too far to find another selection of very well restored red machines.

DSC00960.jpg

Geoff Dunn's 135 followed by Colin White's 4wd example imported from Austria.

DSC00974.jpg

Another of Colin White's tractors was this equally smart 178.

DSC00976.jpg

A tractor that garnered more attention than most in this particular hall was John Hayward's "Natco 130+," a contemporary improved version of the Doe 130. Built from two Ford Force 5000 tractors joined in tandem the front half is powered by a 401 4 cylinder turbo charged unit whilst the back is propelled by a 6 cylinder turbo charged industrial Ford BSD 666TI motor. I had to be very patient to gain opportunity to take an unobstructed photograph of this tractor.

DSC00965.jpg

Whilst this is Graham Cluley's 1970 County 754.

DSC00967.jpg

David... I don't want to interupt this thread... but I must just express my thanks to you for taking these pictures for us to enjoy.

Not only are your shots superbly framed... but to get them 'people free' is nothing short of remarkable - you have the patience of a saint I think.

Anyway... thanks and please keep up the good work  :)

David... I don't want to interupt this thread... but I must just express my thanks to you for taking these pictures for us to enjoy.

Not only are your shots superbly framed... but to get them 'people free' is nothing short of remarkable - you have the patience of a saint I think.

Anyway... thanks and please keep up the good work  :)

Thanks ever so much Mark, enjoying contributing them to the forum, i'll post the remainder of my photographs over the next couple of evenings. I waited quite a while on some occasions in my endeavours to gain unobstructed photographs particularly in the George Stephenson hall, but I think it was worth it, there was just so many unusual and historically significant tractors i've never had the pleasure of seeing in the flesh before until my trip to Newark.

Thanks again for your kind words. :)

Here's another selection of photographs from my look around the tractors parked in the comfort of the George Stephenson hall.

Starting with a very nice Perkins powered Fordson E27N.

DSC00951.jpg

Followed by a variety of much smaller tractors.

Geoff Brandon's Swiss Meili DM30.

DSC00949.jpg

Simon Ranyard's Singer Monarch Mk 4.

DSC00950.jpg

Tom Ranyard's 1947 Kendall.

DSC00953.jpg

O.T.A

DSC00955.jpg

Peter Aflatt's Ford powered Sun Mechanical Cart.

DSC00956.jpg

Next Robert and Jane Holt's highly original 1920 French Austin in suitable attire.

DSC00954.jpg

Sitting beside the Austin was Leslie Toplis's Ford Ferguson 2N.

DSC00959.jpg

Malcom Johnson's Fahr D-130.

DSC00958.jpg

S.F.V Super 202.

DSC00961.jpg

Charles Heading's Case DC3.

DSC00963.jpg

It wasn't just about the tractors, here's two expertly restored implements too.

DSC00962.jpg

A Bolinder Munktalls tractor followed by another favourite of mine, Stefan Miksza's Universal VTZ T25.

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

Philip Snowdon's baby Energic.

DSC00978.jpg

Followed by another very original tractor in the shape of Mick Gill's 1935.

DSC00982.jpg

Back to the classics and Allen Brown's Steyr 540.

DSC00984.jpg

Next up Richard and Len Beckett's immaculate Ferguson FE-35 Industrial followed by a selection of crawlers seen in the main hall.

DSC00986.jpg

A pair of Cletracs belonging to D.E.Mould.

DSC00977.jpg

Alan Weston's UTB 445.

DSC00985.jpg

A Motomeccanica RP3 owned by Roy Daft.

DSC00997.jpg

Oliver West's Caterpillar 10.

DSC01046.jpg

Fowler FD4.

DSC01001-1.jpg

Here's more photographs I took from Newark from the seclusion of the George Stephenson Hall.

Starting with a very tidy looking Roadless Ploughmaster 75.

DSC00983.jpg

Followed by Mick Gill's Landini L35.

DSC00987.jpg

Gerald Gregory's 1917 Case 10-20.

DSC00988.jpg

Malcolm Robinson's Massey Harris No. 3.

DSC00989.jpg

Ian Burgin's 1948 Newman.

DSC00990.jpg

Richard Fenton's stunning International 634 All Drive by County.

DSC00991.jpg

Bryan Bowles's International 8-16 Junior.

DSC00992.jpg

A pair of immaculate Field Marshalls John Scholey's Series 2 followed by Bob Shaw's Series 3.

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

Another golden oldie in the shape of a Wallis 20-30.

DSC00995.jpg

Whilst here's another pair of lovely Ford conversions.

Richard Mason's County Super 6

DSC00996.jpg

Richard Fenton's 1124, my favourite tractor of the weekend.

DSC01004.jpg