Massey 1200

JC

At least a dozen so far..... :D :D :D :D ::) I need to get it charging the batteries before I venture back out of the gate with her, should get that done this afternoon if the phone slows down for half an hour.

knew you wouldn't be able to resist mate,they are so much fun to drive,and use in anger on the field ploughing

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off to get classic tractor and whatever else I can find on the shelves on my way home so I can have a look and see what I can get to chav it up.? ::)

Performance Massey is a good one!  :D :D :D::) ::)

I'm off to get classic tractor and whatever else I can find on the shelves on my way home so I can have a look and see what I can get to chav it up.? ::)

Give Tim Westwood the big dog a call. You could have her on Pimp My Ride. I can see it now, illuminated valve caps, tinted windows, Lexus lights on the back, chrome stack .. . .... ?Anyone got paintshop and good at drawing?!!

Fantastic FP. Well done mate. That's a great machine to have......I remember the feeling of excitement I had when my Fergie arrived...... :);) ;)

Did you bang your head on the aircon unit too in your hurry to get in for the first time?? ?::) ::)::)

got a triangle badge here for you from a 500 series if yer interested ? sure we could come to some arangement  ;)

the beastie looks in fine fettle there F-P ,just make sure the water pump bearings & seals are ok as these tractors were prone to wear & leaks  apart from that nothing else i know of to seriously go wrong with it . keep the backend filter & pump serviced regulay as these also can give problems

you may also want to fit a full set of wheel weights all round to stop it from bouncing too much & it gives it a bit more stability 

how'd you get on with the steering , did you start off duck-shuffling  :D :D

well impressed ,hope yer happy with it  as it looks the part  :) :)

Cheers Marcus....

The wheels are full of water I've since discovered so no need for the wheel weights!!

It's got a slight water leak that I've discovered on the water pump so that needs changing.

All the bodywork is nice and solid..... I think one of the first jobs will be to sand blast it and give it a new Jacket.

I've not worked out how to lift the three point linkage yet, I think there is something missing there...  :-\

The wiring looks to be in pi$$ poor state, I will need to have a good look at that sometime soon.

As for the steering, it seems a bit strange but I've driven all wheel steer machines before so I'll soon be driving with confidence.

PM me about the badge

seeing as it's got a 5th wheel fitted the hydraulics may not have been used for a while so the pump may be stuck (unlikely) try a pressure test on the spools by trying the leavers, pull on them till it sounds strained ,if that works the pump should be fine but a filter & oil change would be adviseable.

also check the pivot pins for wear,as well as the drive shaft UJ's.

i don't think these were fitted with a triangle badge as it's got the big capital MF letters on the front , if it was fitted then it would be the bigger 2000series type but i will look out the 500 one from the shed if you're still interested .                                       

I can physically lift them up mjb.......... There looks to be a lever down the left hand side of the rear gearbox mounted on a cover plate with two pipes/hoses coming from it, there isn't anything connected to the lever so I wondered if it was to do with this.  :-\

I'll have a better look tomorrow and see if I can see whats what with the hoses etc.

Speakers are there but no radio...... yet!

Did you get a copy of 'Chavtor' mag :D::) ::)

a nice 12 CD changer and some subs!  :D :D ::) ::)

blasting would be good and a new coat, you gonna go for red again or maybe yellow?? (or green to wind us MF fans up)  :D :D :D::) ::)

Guest quangova

That looks great Doc... bet your beaming like a Cheshire cat...!

Have you got the Drivers Manual & Workshop Manual with it?  if not I'll see if i can source as i think i know where there is a set lurking in a dusty old farm filing cabinet... where the tractor has long since departed this mortal coil.

That looks great Doc... bet your beaming like a Cheshire cat...!

Have you got the Drivers Manual & Workshop Manual with it?? if not I'll see if i can source as i think i know where there is a set lurking in a dusty old farm filing cabinet... where the tractor has long since departed this mortal coil.

I'm on the look out for those "Q", if you can procure them it would be appreciated.  ;)

Archived