How many colour versions of britains Gray's buckrake No 9543 are there ??

BC

I was wondering how many versions (colour wise) there were of the no 9543 Gray's of Fetterangus (1972) Limited buckrakes there were ??? ???

I have the yellow one

13042010011.jpg

And the brown one

21102010011.jpg

I now see on Ebay there is a red one and described as very rare. I recall there was a green one in a set but I have never seen or heard of a red Grays one. Are they really rare and any idea of price :-\ :-\

I know  one of the ex director's of Gray's of Fetterangus or "fishy" as the village is affectionately known.He collect's real tractors and has some model's but he has a real Farmall I would like to get...maybe I could trade in my 3 different coloured Gray's buck rakes against it :-\

Did he say it had never been out of the box Mark ??? ???

I liked what I saw from this trusted seller and never really thought about it.....the yellow and brown ones are in mint boxes so I hope this one is as good ;) ;)

Nick I have found this chap to be top notch. Most of his listings are buy it now or make me an offer which I like. There is usually a offer followed by a counter offer followed by a another lower offer before we finally deal..... ;D ;D ;D

I don `t have the brown one & never knew of the red version either til I read your post here Bill. I do have the yellow one minus it`s box and a couple of green ones minus boxes though now I come to think of it I might have  one boxed with the scraper  in the set . T

To that end the yellow one would be the first released if i`m correct followed by the brown, I seem to remember them turning to brown. that`s  as much as I know.

The yellow one was originally produced to go with the budget version of the Ford 6600 (in green with yellow mudguards and red wheels) in set number 9432, available from 1983 to 1985.

A few seem to have been individually boxed (probably the usual thing of using them up when the budget Fords were replaced with new sets with a budget MF 595 in 1986).  I suspect a few mint/unboxed examples may have been subsequently swapped with a boxed brown one more recently  ;)

I wouldn't describe any of them as 'rare' as such, although the standard release brown one is quite common (as you would expect), as is the more recent re-release in green.  Yellow ones are less numerous, but I see them offered for sale fairly often (they are rare to find in the original set though).  The red one is the least common, but again, they do come up regularly.

• 1 year later...