who called the police ??? jd cops

Which is why I pm'd you and asked if it was the model or the real thing ;) ;) ;)

The tractor itself is on loan to Lincolnshire Police and the decals were supplied by the NFU. At some stage the tractor will be returned to John Deere and presumably will be repainted in the normal colours :( :(

I wonder who has got this model now  ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::);) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Which is why I pm'd you and asked if it was the model or the real thing ;) ;) ;)

The tractor itself is on loan to Lincolnshire Police and the decals were supplied by the NFU. At some stage the tractor will be returned to John Deere and presumably will be repainted in the normal colours :( :(

I wonder who has got this model now  ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::);) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ahh yes it was the real thing ;) well its actually still painted the normal colour, and you can see the 6630 decal underneath it, so i assume it would just need to be peeled off

when i was at penrith with the model ,there was a unbelievable intrest in this, the model it self and why was it made and do the police really have one ,so i spent the best part of the day explaining how and why the police have one ,

at the end of the day i thought what a great publicity stunt the police had created with the real thing ,and i quite enjoyed the feed back from people having a look and asking me why ,

hey any way the police JD looks great in this months model farmer mag ,i was very supprised to see it in there ,

well if you want to really pick a fault and you paying attension to detail ,the  :police: crest on the side is Durham county, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

robbo you best take that front linkage off  ::) ::) it will take you 00.6 secs

it is to easy to make negative constructive criticism  ;) ;)

hey robbo sorry about saying that you look as if you lost a few lbs ,but to make up for that  you are better looking in the flesh :laugh: :laugh:

The JD never does anything, i've only seen it at newark show and it just sat there all day, i doubt it will even get to 200hrs before they get rid of it cause they never use it for anything, they take it to a show it sits there and then they take it home !

Which is exactly the idea behind it, it was never intended to be a patrol vehicle, it was to be used at shows as a static display to raise awareness of rural crime. It isn't owned by the Police only on loan.  ;) ;) ;)

Peter

No worries, I get far worse in the day job, if you can dish it out you have to be able to take it (although the next one of yours I buy I might be after a discount)  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

The JD never does anything, i've only seen it at newark show and it just sat there all day, i doubt it will even get to 200hrs before they get rid of it cause they never use it for anything, they take it to a show it sits there and then they take it home !

out of interest just what did you think they were actually going to use it for  ???