Siku 2011

FarmtoysDK

Perhaps the plough picture is just a prototype. I'm sure they will squeeze the mechanics into a smaller space. I agree they are going head to head with Ertl as someone on here said before that Ertl would keep the John Deere licence. Doesn't look like that now. Siku have a host of both CNH nd ohn Deere models on the way. If that is not going head to head what is. The price is irrelevant. It is down to the product being produced. You get more bang for your buch when you buy Siku at the moment. Nice castings, strength and nice paint job. Also if the argument comes down to the fact they are toys, which toy will last longer, Britains or Siku!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you drop your Britains on the floor it will be trashed if you drop your Siku it'll bounce :laugh:  If you want a new cab for your Britains you buy another tractor :(  if you email Siku they'll send you a new one free of charge in a couple of days ;D

here here  ;) 

i havent seen any of the 1/50 close up but its good to see theyre covering all angles as it were, and why should one company have exclusive rights to one brand well done Siku ;)

Perhaps the plough picture is just a prototype. I'm sure they will squeeze the mechanics into a smaller space.

I doubt it, to be honest - it was rumoured that their difficulties with miniaturising the turnover mechanism was what stopped it being released earlier this year

I agree they are going head to head with Ertl as someone on here said before that Ertl would keep the John Deere licence. Doesn't look like that now.

In what way ???  Ertl are keeping the licence (if you have any doubt about that, have a look in the 2011 Ertl JD catalogue). 

Siku have a host of both CNH nd ohn Deere models on the way. 

So do Ertl  ;)

If that is not going head to head what is. The price is irrelevant. It is down to the product being produced. You get more bang for your buch when you buy Siku at the moment. Nice castings, strength and nice paint job. Also if the argument comes down to the fact they are toys, which toy will last longer, Britains or Siku!!

The price is very relevant!!!!  I can't see how one substantially plastic tractor with a price of £15 is 'going head to head' with a similar one in mainly metal with a price likely to be about £25  :-\ .

Why do some of you have such difficulty in comprehending that some parents simply can't afford to buy Siku, regardless of their strength.

let us not forget if it was not for britains most of us on here would have not started to collect farm models ,when i was growing up in the 60s there was not the choice there was now so i will always be grateful for britains ,if you don,t like them don,t buy them

People voicing their opinions freely???? Which is what i understood a forum to be.

As nick said above.

I'm not saying anything wrong with any opinion giving but there are more and more comments abOut how bad new models are and also the way some people write their opinions.

If I compare this to the german equivalent there are a lot of differences and not good ones.

Why do some of you have such difficulty in comprehending that some parents simply can't afford to buy Siku, regardless of their strength.

As nick said above.

I'm not saying anything wrong with any opinion giving but there are more and more comments abOut how bad new models are and also the way some people write their opinions.

If I compare this to the german equivalent there are a lot of differences and not good ones.

the only thing jez i can say is what i said before in this topic,i went to see a 8560 in the flesh,and cant agree with the mudguard  point,they look fine to me ,as for the roof on this model,well it does not look right,i hope the pictures are of a prototype,perhaps some comments are damming,without the model being released,only time will tell with that one

In what way ???  Ertl are keeping the licence (if you have any doubt about that, have a look in the 2011 Ertl JD catalogue). 

Most of the Ertl JD models are 1/16 and 1/64. Their 1/32 models are generally repeats of what they have produces already. The other model manufacturers are making new JD stuff and this is just the start.

The price is very relevant!!!!  I can't see how one substantially plastic tractor with a price of £15 is 'going head to head' with a similar one in mainly metal with a price likely to be about £25 :-\ . Why do some of you have such difficulty in comprehending that some parents simply can't afford to buy Siku, regardless of their strength.

My cousin works for the biggest toy supplier in Ireland Smyths and there Siku sales are almost 3 times that of RC Ertl. And when there is a ploughting championship the Siku top the polls.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Got a bit of news the week before Zwolle, and got it confirmed today. Siku will bring out a Samson SG series slurryspreader in the fall of 2011. Dont know if it will be 2 or 3 axles, but it will fit the new Siku Xerion 5000.

Great news for most danish collectors and hopefully others to.

Sonny

Anybody hear any new new's on this Samson slurry tanker,two axle or three  :-\

Regards

Joe.