tractorman314. Britains collection.

tractorman314

So its that time of year again, when we all assend in to the loft to retrive the Christmas tree and decorations, so this year when duties were completed, it made me think itwas about time to make some inroads to getting my model collection organised and photograghed, so as to show it some daylight after some 18 years of collecting. This will though be a very slow process when time and money allow, and with the correct permits to be allowed some space to display my small collection.

While i was in the loft i took a few photos to give a small glimpe of what is to come.My collection is purely BRITAINS, and i still have lots of the late fifties, and early sixties stuff to collect plus alot of giftsets still required.

Heres some pictures to start with but dont get to excited yet.

101_0637.jpg

101_0638.jpg

tractorman314

Edited by tractorman314
restore pictures

• 1 month later...

I have finally managed to get back upto the loft and have taken pictures of my first box of models, the box was selected totally at random , i have also notice on some of my models some form of corrosion on the diecast metal ,and in some places it has caused bubbling under the paintwork, this maybe due to the fact they may have been up in the loft for some 15 years or more. I would be interested to here from anyone who has noticed similar in there collection.

So HERE goes first up a picture of box with lid removed.

101_0734.jpg

9530 3 furrow mounted plough

101_0736.jpg

101_0737.jpg

101_0738.jpg

101_0739.jpg

101_0740.jpg

101_0741.jpg

tractorman314

Edited by tractorman314
  • Like 1

Some nice ones there  8)

Good to see so many of the sleeve and plinth boxes still with the card fixings - hard to find; I particularly like the cultivator complete with the header card (I've been looking for one of those for years and haven't succeeded in getting one yet  :( ).

Interesting to see a black 'BTN 76' number plate on the lorry too.

Looking forward to the next batch of pics  :)

5986 Forest Enterprise Landrover;

Notice the mark on the middle of the bonnet front , this where there seems to have been some corrosion taken place under the paintwork, this could be due to being stored in loft; anybody got any theories.

101_0792.jpg

101_0793.jpg

101_0794.jpg

101_0795.jpg

101_0796.jpg

tractorman314.

Edited by tractorman314
restore pictures

9573 Class Self Propelled Forage Harvester;

Unfortunately this one has slighty yellowed on the cab roof and down the back covers, i dont know if it waslike this when i bought , or whether it has happened whilst i have had it stored.

101_0808.jpg

101_0814.jpg

101_0809.jpg

101_0810.jpg

101_0811.jpg

101_0812.jpg

tractorman314.

Edited by tractorman314